3rd Trimester

Any L&D Nurses on here?

So, I thought about bringing some candy / chocolate to leave out for the nurses.  I really liked mine last but there were so many of them I can't possibly get them all gifts.  Is this too ass kissy? 

Re: Any L&D Nurses on here?

• Not an L&D nurse but I have thought about doing the same thing. I've been admitted to L&D twice and I just absolutely love all the nurses I have met at my hospital.

One even recognized me when we took our tour and asked how I'd been feeling since my surgery! So sweet.

I think it's totally okay and they probably would really appreciate it!

• What about sending over an Edible Arrangement.  They can get candy out of a vending machine but not necessarily fresh fruit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not an L&D nurse, but I am a nurse. Food is always appreciated! :)
  • imageCarmela752:
    I'm not an L&D nurse, but I am a nurse. Food is always appreciated! :)

Exactly what I was going to say!

• imageCarmela752:
    I'm not an L&D nurse, but I am a nurse. Food is always appreciated! :)

this!!

• When I had dd my dh made sure to always bring in something to thank them..pizza, kolaches and donuts, cookies...they are really under appreciated and i know they have a tough job..also make sure you write to the superiors about how good they are..They normally receive complaints but very rarely receive thank yous and your staff did a good job...
  • imageerinshaneb:
    .They normally receive complaints but very rarely receive thank yous and your staff did a good job...

YesYes

I always make sure to write compliments for employees who provide exceptional service. I have worked in customer service forever and I always heard so many complaints but rarely heard about good employees.

It's so important to let people know when they are doing well!

• I mentioned this to my NICU nurse mom over Christmas and she thought it was way overkill. She said she just appreciates people saying Thank You and doesn't need/want gifts or goodies. She is on a perpetual diet though so may not be the best judge of whether or not to give someone food.
  • Not L&D but I'm a nurse.  We all appreciate food.  If I could offer one suggestion its this.  We get a ton of chocolate and sometimes its really nice to receive something not sweet.  Like a big container of pretzel rods or something like that.  Also being a night shift nurse its really nice when patients and families remember night shift, it seems like day shift gets all the goodies sometimes. 

Really ALL treats are very welcome and appreciated!

I definitely plan on bringing my nurses some goodies. 

Oh and be sure to write your name on it so everyone knows who its from, sometimes families leave food but then it gets put in the nurses station and no one knows who its from.  You ought to get credit for the effort! 

• The edible arrangements seems like a great idea! I know when I was in L&D on Saturday my nurse was wonderful! She made me feel so much better and was very nice! I hope all my nurses there are like that!!!
  • I am a nurse and we appreciate any and all gifts, although it is not necassary. Esp. chocolate ones! Patients have brought us everything from bagels and coffee to fruit baskets. We had one patient who owned a pizza place and he had half dozens pizzas delivered for each shift!

It is very thoughtful of you and would be much appreciated. 

• imagenursecynthia:

Not L&D but I'm a nurse.  We all appreciate food.  If I could offer one suggestion its this.  We get a ton of chocolate and sometimes its really nice to receive something not sweet.  Like a big container of pretzel rods or something like that.  Also being a night shift nurse its really nice when patients and families remember night shift, it seems like day shift gets all the goodies sometimes. 

Really ALL treats are very welcome and appreciated!

I definitely plan on bringing my nurses some goodies. 

Oh and be sure to write your name on it so everyone knows who its from, sometimes families leave food but then it gets put in the nurses station and no one knows who its from.  You ought to get credit for the effort! 

This!  A sweet and salty basket is a great treat!  And really, an small show of appreciation means a lot to any nurse!  

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When our daughter was born, the L&D nurse was fascinated by the little portable fan/water-bottle thing we'd brought for my partner to stay cool during labor.  The nurse confessed she was having crazy hot flashes and that the high room temperatures in the birthing suites were driving her nuts.

When we sent her thank you card, we also sent her a fan/water-bottle.  An odd gift, but we figured she'd appreciate it.

• I think it is thoughtful.  I am an ER nurse and we often have family members bring us food and it is always appreciated.  We get really busy and it is nice to have a treat sometimes.  We get tons of sugary stuff though, so it is nice when something a little different shows up...but whatever you want to do is great!
  • A fed nurse is a happy nurse. We love free food :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chiming in from 2nd tri...we got our L&D crew a big ol' box of Godiva chocolates when DS was born.  Gave them to the nurse who checked us in.  It was a HUGE hit.  I also took a few minutes before checkout (because once we got home...forget it!) to write a letter to send to the person who oversees L&D commending the staff in general and highlighting specific nurses who went above and beyond.  DH later emailed it for me when we got home.  I highly recommend candy or a edible arrangement.  If this is your first baby, you will be amazed at what these people do to make you feel comfortable, cared for, and special!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"