Austin Babies

All touched out

Blah.  whiny post.

Both girls are sick -- fevers and colds (flu?).  Julia since Monday and Elena started today.  They want to be *on* me all the time, and the feverish little ones have ended up in bed with me/all over me the last couple nights.  I am just all touched out.  I am really really really hoping I can get them to stay in their own beds tonight.  I'm not a co-sleeper because I need nobody-touching-me time apparently!  Don't know how you co-sleepers do it!

And to boot, since they're not sleeping well, we had to cancel my MIL who was going to babysit while we did a NYE party for the first time since having kids.  Boo.

And how sad is it that my 4-year-old, while going down for bed, asked me if she'd be able to laugh tomorrow?  It started hurting her throat/causing coughing fits whenever she tried to laugh this afternoon and she's very sad about it.

/whine over.

Feel free to add your own so I don't have to wallow in self-pity alone.

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: All touched out

• My husband was off of work this week and I am still on maternity leave.  Big Sister was supposed to go to school and we were going to tackle our mile long to do list (things like hanging curtains we bought a YEAR ago).  Tuesday morning we got a call from daycare that she had a fever.  She has been home sick since.  Boo on her being sick and boo on not getting stuff done.  There aren't many opportunities like this.  Oh well, at least she is feeling better today.
  • i feel ya (no pun intended). both boys are sick and jon is back in austin. all i've heard is "Maaahhhhh- meeeeeh." (That's whine for Mommy)

• Loading the player...
  • omg, the laugh comment--so sad! Hope they're both feeling better soon!!!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • The pedi thinks both of my kids have allergies. Crying Meredith started taking Allegra this week, but Alex can't have anything other than saline solution. The poor little guy breathes like a pug. And he nurses all. the. time. Because you have to nurse all the time when you're a 16 pound 2 month old. Tongue Tied I feel you on the all touched out part.

We made an awesome dinner last night for New Year's. Mike put Meredith to bed. We watched some football. I got Alex to fall asleep on my chest. It was looking like we might get some "couple time"... and then I fell asleep. At 10 pm. Embarrassed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"