Parenting after a Loss
Options

Adeline Rose is here :)

Adeline Rose (Addie), was born at 3:15 am, December 30. She weighs 7 lbs, 7 ozs and is 20 inches long.

Here's a quick rundown. I was scheduled for an induction next Monday, but I hadn't felt her much this past Monday night into Tuesday, so I called my doctor Tuesday afternoon and she sent me to L&D.  She still wasn't really moving and her heart rate wasn't accelerating at all, so my doctor decided to induce last night instead of waiting till Monday. She said she knew I was ready, she didn't like the lack of movement and lack of acceleration and I was past my due date.

She broke my water at 6:48 pm and I was still 2 cm, they also started some pitocin. The pitocin made my contractions unbearable pretty quickly so I asked for an epidural. I was in so much pain and I was killing my poor husbands hand.  I got the epidural and it was much better. It didn't take as well to the right side but I could at least relax, but I couldn't sleep. By 10:30/11 I was 4 CM.  Around 1:00/1:15 I was feeling a bit of pressure and the nurse checked me and I was 10 cm!  I sat up for about an hour to help her move down more and at 2:15 I started pushing with the nurse.

My husband was amazing. He is very squeamish and swore he was staying by my head and not looking. He held one of my legs, was a huge support and even looked and cut the cord!  My doctor came in at 2:30 and at 3:15 we had a beautiful little girl. From breaking my water to her birth it was about 9 1/2 hours.  I had an episiotomy, 2nd degree. And it turns out part of what made pushing so hard was that she was face up, and I managed to push her out face up in an hour. Everyone was very impressed, so go me, haha.

I am trying to breast feed and it's going pretty well. We're starting to get the hang of it together. She is just perfect and I am so in love. I can't believe she's actually mine!

Here's our little family right after she was born.

And here I am with my baby girl

Re: Adeline Rose is here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"