Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

? for those who have had 2nd tri D&Es

Hi all,

I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks on December 17th (2 weeks ago) and had to have a 2 day D&E procedure. For those that have sadly been in a similar position...sorry for the gross question but I was wondering when the bleeding stopped for you. For me it's been going on and off for 2 weeks now, and the end of week 1 it stopped for a few days then started again - doctor says it's fine and normal but I'm looking forward to it ending and wondering what others' experiences were.  Sorry again for the ick factor here.

Thanks and sending everyone lots of love & luck in 2010

xx 

Re: ? for those who have had 2nd tri D&Es

• Options
    I had a D&E at 14 weeks... I also delivered at 20 weeks (two different pregnancies).  The bleeding was about the same and it would do what the same..start and stop for about 4 weeks.
  • Options

Mine was on April 13th. I delivered my girls and then rushed into an emergency D&C. I delivered on the first day of 23w.

I was pretty out of it and it has been a while and certain details like that are a bit fuzzy. I remember that in total I bled for 3-4 weeks. It was heavy for a while, then it slowed. This might be TMI but for the last week or so of it I bled like it was the last day of my period. Too much not to wear anything, but wearing something almost felt like a waste. I do remember there being days where I was like "sweet it's over" and then it would be back in a day or so! It is a pain but I think that in this respect you are almost at the end of the tunnel. I hope this helps. Sorry I don't remember better :/

BIG HUGS

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your response...I'm so sorry for your losses. xx
  • Options
    I had a D&E at 17 or 18 weeks and my bleeding stopped after a couple weeks. I'm sure everyone is different, though.
  • Options
    I had a D&E the same day that you did.  My bleeding is still going on, but not nearly as heavy as it was last week - I hope it stops soon too!  Just had a follow-up with my doctor, and she did not seem concerned about the amount of blood. 
  • Options
    Thanks amjra.  I have read your posts over the last two weeks and I have been thinking of you quite often, even before learning that our timing was the same. I hope you and your DH have a calm and peaceful night tonight on NYE's and I am sending you both all my thoughts and love from NYC tonight...it has been a tough end to 2009 for us both, but I know - I just know - that 2010 will be filled with happiness.  xx 
  • Options

No ick factor here.

I delivered naturally @ 23 weeks 5days... and bled for about 2 weeks pp. It would also come and go randomly. At week 6 pp- AF came back.

I am so sorry for your loss, hun. It is the worst pain in the world.

(((hugs)))

• Options
    I delivered at 19 weeks, had to have a d&c for one of the placentas. I bled for about a week, had a little spotting and af arrived at almost 4 weeks after the d&c.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Yeah, nothing really bothers me to talk about.  I had a d&c at 17 1/2 wks & my bleeding stopped the next day.  I had light spotting for a couple days two weeks later & started my period three weeks after that.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"