Eco-Friendly Family
Options

opinions on nursery

so.. since I am having a DS and a DD and they will be sharing a room... I'm not sure if I want to do a gender neutral theme or a pink/blue complimenting set.. what do you think? let me know if you want samples of what I'm considering... lol
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: opinions on nursery

• Options
    Samples!  Duh. ;)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDobie_Mama:
    Samples!  Duh. ;)

Naturally!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebrianna611:

imageDobie_Mama:
    Samples!  Duh. ;)

Naturally!

+1, but I'll tell you already that I'm leaning toward a pink/blue theme.  

• Options

imageDobie_Mama:
    Samples!  Duh. ;)

lol I was being lazy.... ;-)

so here's an example of b/g sets:

and here's an example of a neutral set. . .

• Options
    LURVE the boy/girl elephants!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i LOVE that pink/blue set....is it from jc penney? we ordered our nursery set from there and i love it :-)
  • Options

imagepurplepuggles:
    i LOVE that pink/blue set....is it from jc penney? we ordered our nursery set from there and i love it :-)

yuppers, I love Pennies.. we got the baby bear's furniture from there, too!

• Options
    Definitely the pink/blue - how fun to be able to have both!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Pink/blue, hands down!
  • Options
    B/G elephant sets for sure!  Those are ADORABLE!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

B/G!!!  FOR SURE! 

So freaking cute!

• Options
    Gender neutral, with sex specific for each crib.
  • Options

ok.. so if we go with the pink/blue (which is what I'm leaning towards) what would you do for the curtains? we have 2 windows in the room.. and what would you paint the walls? right now we have white chair rail in the middle....

thanks gals <3

• Options
    imagemarbear81:

ok.. so if we go with the pink/blue (which is what I'm leaning towards) what would you do for the curtains? we have 2 windows in the room.. and what would you paint the walls? right now we have white chair rail in the middle....

thanks gals <3

I'd think I'd get chocolate brown curtains or a tan/beige color.  I'd think about doing the room half and half pink and blue.  I've seen it done, and it can be SUPER cute.

• Options
    OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of those options! They were my first choices too. :) I will say I like the pink and blue elephants though. That would be what I would pick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemarbear81:

imagepurplepuggles:

you already have furniture?!!?  man i feel so behiiiiiiiind!!!

i also <3 the elephants btw.  would you do one of each?  are they going to share a crib for a while?  how does that work?  can twins share or do you separate them or do they hate that?

my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    my bfp chart!
    our hippy baby blog

• Options
    I LOVE the B/G theme! The elephants are beyond adorable. As for curtains, I'd go for a chocolate brown. For walls... Not sure. 
  • Options
    B/G combo! It's adorable!!
  • Options
    imagelytedark:
    imagemarbear81:

imagepurplepuggles:

you already have furniture?!!?  man i feel so behiiiiiiiind!!!

i also <3 the elephants btw.  would you do one of each?  are they going to share a crib for a while?  how does that work?  can twins share or do you separate them or do they hate that?

aww.. yah, we have cribs and one dresser so far.. we need to get the other dresser and the glider!

and I've heard the twins can share a crib at first... we'll see what they like! If we go with the elephants, I'd get one blue set and one pink set... I'd also get the breathable bumper to replace the padded one!

• Options

lyte - not to freak you out, but lots of places can take months to get baby furniture in, so you should get moving on it (although penneys was pretty fast for us)

Mar - I made cheesecake, if you were going to be a NYE loser like me, you should have come over!

• Options
    imageSam78:

lyte - not to freak you out, but lots of places can take months to get baby furniture in, so you should get moving on it (although penneys was pretty fast for us)

Mar - I made cheesecake, if you were going to be a NYE loser like me, you should have come over!

aw.. we just got in from Florida a few hours ago and we are BEAT!!!!! we haven't even unpacked our suitcases yet... although cheesecake sounds delish! DH made oatmeal raisin cookies.. yum-o

• Options
    Love the b/g!!!  My first thought on paint color is to do chocolate brown under the chair rail and then do a light blue/light pink stripe combo on top.  Keep the chair rail white.  Then I would do brown curtains to finish it off!  You might even be able to add some ribbon to the curtains in blue/pink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemarbear81:
    imageSam78:

aw.. we just got in from Florida a few hours ago and we are BEAT!!!!! we haven't even unpacked our suitcases yet... although cheesecake sounds delish! DH made oatmeal raisin cookies.. yum-o

We got in about 1 and I am mostly done unpacking the big bag so I feel your pain.  Cheesecake took priority though - I've wanted some all week ...

• Options
    I think the elephants are precious!
  • Options
    Am I the only one who likes g/n? lol. I agree with pp who said to do g/n walls then b/g bedding. That way, when they're older and inevitably won't want pink & blue, you don't have to repaint!
  • Options

I tried to search Ohdeedoh to see if they had anything about painting a twins room. Instead, I found this. image

Who on earth thought bunk beds for infants were a good idea??

• Options
    imageWisteriacow:

::shudder:: reminds me of animal cages at the pound... weird.

• Options
    imageSoyager:
    imageWisteriacow:

::shudder:: reminds me of animal cages at the pound... weird.

those freak me out!!! lol one of the local day cares have those cribs in their infant room.. they claim it to be a "space-saver!"

• Options
    I agree with the pp that said she'd do chocolate or tan curtains.  I think that either a coordinating color would be great for the walls or even pink and blue striped walls.  It just depends on how much work you want to do and how easy you want to make it to update later on.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto everyone else on the pink/blue. Love that idea! I'd probably do some shade of tan/beige for the walls and chocolate for the curtains just to make life easy.
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options

Ok, I'm usually a lurker but I have to weigh in on this very important issue. 

I like the walls of the gender neutral picture.  Then the b/g elephants.  Then for curtains, since you have two windows, I would do white curtains with pink/blue accents OR the chocolate brown curtains with pink/blue accents.  Go to a fabric store see if you can find neutral material that coordinates with the elephants...if you do, have some curtains made (assuming you do not sew)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:
    Gender neutral, with sex specific for each crib.

This is what I am thinking too.  Not that the blue/pink wouldn't be cute...I just like the other set better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"