Babies on the Brain

tacky?

I am planning Henry's 2nd birthday party Crying and wondered if it would be okay to put "Instead of bringing a gift for Henry, please bring a toy that will be donated to the National Children's Medical Center" on the invitations.

I know there are those that say that it is tacky to presume that people would bring gifts at all, but he really has everything he needs/wants and this is something I really want to do.  Any opinions or alternatives?

Re: tacky?

• Nope! awesome idea and I for one would actually bring two gifts, likely...
    One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • IMO that is not tacky and actually very generous and thoughtful.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that if you word it nicely and use the word "if" (ex. - "If you wish to bring a gift," then the sentence you wrote), it would be ok.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Not tacky at all! I would work on the wording a bit (although I have no suggestions), but other than that, it's a great idea!
  • imageMrsRustyGriswold:
    I think that if you word it nicely and use the word "if" (ex. - "If you wish to bring a gift," then the sentence you wrote), it would be ok.

This. and...I LOVE this idea! :)

• "in Lieu" is a good word- "in lieu of gifts" or "we have decided to gift (the following charity)...." something like that.

again, I think its a wonderful idea and likely will be stealing it come birthday round two...

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • I like "If you wish to bring a gift...."
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • imageMrsRustyGriswold:
    I think that if you word it nicely and use the word "if" (ex. - "If you wish to bring a gift," then the sentence you wrote), it would be ok.

I think that wording it this way would be perfect. That is an awesome idea!

• imageiowandfw:

"in Lieu" is a good word- "in lieu of gifts" or "we have decided to gift (the following charity)...." something like that.

again, I think its a wonderful idea and likely will be stealing it come birthday round two...

Este.

That is a wonderful idea, Hippo.

::tears:: 

• I think it's a great idea.  I understand not wanting to be presumptuous, but I can't think of anyone who would get invited to a two year old birthday and not bring a gift.  But maybe now I'm being presumptuous...
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"