Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

When did you order your nursery furniture?

DH is going to be on travel for work from Feb. 8 - Mar. 11 so I can either order the furiniture in the next few weeks or wait until he gets back in March. We are getting our set from Wal-Mart so it is site to store whcih means I can't pick it up, he'll have to.

What would you do? Order it sooner or wait until later? I believe Wal-Mart has pretty fast turn-around.

Re: When did you order your nursery furniture?

• Options
    I'm an impatient person so I would order it now, it feels so good to have your nursery all set up. But you would still have plenty of time to order when DH gets back as your not due until June.
  • Options

I would order it now.  I am paranoid and what if something is broken or heaven forbid its on back order. 

We ordered our furniture right after our 20 week u/s, but it was quoted at 10-12 weeks for delivery.  But its coming on Sunday :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would order it now too.  I am ordering ours early because you never know if you down like it, it isn't the quailty you expected, or if there is a defect or something is broken.  But if not, you'll have penlty of time after.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd order it now, personally.  But, that's only if it's affordable to do so & you have some where to put it if the nursery isn't ready for furniture yet.  Then again, I like to get things as soon as I can, just makes me feel better knowign I have it instead of worrying that they might go out of stock.

The crib & changing table were given to us by my SIL, passed down from when she used them (both peices are living in the basement since we got them before we were even trying for a baby).  We bought the glider back in October (living in the office) & we just put a pymt on a dresser on Monday & I hope to have it paid off before Feb (which will probably also live in the office for a little).

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options
    imageMrsHT:

I would order it now.  I am paranoid and what if something is broken or heaven forbid its on back order. 

We ordered our furniture right after our 20 week u/s, but it was quoted at 10-12 weeks for delivery.  But its coming on Sunday :)

This exactly ... we ordered our furniture the weekend after our 20 week u/s ... we were quoted 8 - 12 weeks (the range was due to the holidays)... it just came in this week ... took 10 weeks

• Options
    I think I was around 22 weeks. We ordered from simplybabyfurniture.com and it came really quickly.
  • Options
    I ordered ours on black Friday b/c it was on sale and we got free shipping!!!!
  • Options
    I'd say sooner is better. We waited until Late October (I'm due late Janaury) and wish we hadn't. It just came in and will be delivered on Jan. 8. Meanwhile I am home on modified bedrest with potential early labor and have nothing should baby come early... also I won't be able to get up and help DH set up nursery. 
    In final 2 WW after 1st injectible IUI cycle with gonadotropins, Gonal-F. IUI was 9/23. DH will not do another cycle, so this is it for us. History: 6 pregnancies: 5 losses and one DD (born 1-30-2010). Last pregnancy (May 2012) ended in D&E at 9 weeks, testing showed male fetus with an extra 16th chromosone. Recurrent losses thought to be likely due to AMA (I'm 40).
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

• Options

We ordered ours from a local baby furniture store and were quoted 10-12 wks for delivery. We ordered ours around 26-28 wks. We weren't worried about the time line since ds wouldn't be sleeping in his crib before 8 wks.

We got the call that everything was in 4 wks after ordering it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"