Postpartum Depression
Options

home alone w/ DS on NYE

DH is working a large NYE party and I cannot be with him because I am home with DS.  This is the first time in over 14 years that DH and I will not usher in the new year together.  It has never matter what we were doing, just as long as we were together.  I wish he was home with us tonight.

I know that life changes, but right now I am really down and a little resentful.  Wish my meds were working better.  Doc just upped the dosage yesterday.

Oh well.  Just had to share my feelings with someone and I am too embarrassed to tell anyone else.  My DH knows, but I can't talk with him about it now since he's working.

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
Me: 39 DH: 36
BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: home alone w/ DS on NYE

• Options
    Im there with ya....home alone with DS bc FI is working and family and friends are out partying. Life changes but its these little events that make you realize how much freedom you had before. Dont feel bad for feeling that way, I think most of us do at some point, I know I do.
  • Options

I understand about work taking precedence over family time. I wanted to go out but my son is really fussy lately and its just impossible to enjoy anything with him being as he is. Hopefully the upped dose will kick in soon for you. I know how tough that can be and I'm so thankful that my dose kicked in just before christmas so that I could endure it much better than I predicted. 

maybe you can get some extra sleep? that always helps me feel better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually took 2 naps today when DS napped.  I was hoping that would help.  But, not so much.  

Oh well.  It's just a night.  It's just that I am sentimental and we have been able to be together ever NYE since we met.

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
    Me: 39 DH: 36
    BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
    PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
    Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
    No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
    Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
    Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
    August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
    September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
    October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
    Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are not alone.  DH is firefighter and works a 24 hour shift, so he won't be home until tomorrow morning.  To top it off, DD is so fusy tonight, she is still awake!  I was hoping I would be asleep for the new year, but it isn't looking good for me!

I am very sentimental as well, I wish my DH was here with me.  We are glad you came here to share your feelings.  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"