Austin Babies

Re: Bwa-ha-ha! Baby in a bar....

• Options

Come on, I used to take Jakob out with me all the time.  We both had fake IDs

:)

Actually though, he has been to a bar.  My parents used to go to the same fancy place every Friday night.  I would bring Jakob up and eat at the bar while my parents showed him off to the staff and their friends.  When he got older he'd sit at the bar with his sippy cup and ask for a refill :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow.  Just wow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hadley's been in (several) bars as well, but not during "party hours" nor to party bars. I have no idea what this Shangrila place is like though.

She was kicked out of Little Woodrow's during happy hour once. It was pretty funny and hardcore.

• Options
    Is that a "Please, no strollers" sign below the no one under 21 allowed sign?  I'm thinking this bar must be pretty family friendly.  I've probably taken Colton to a bar when he was younger, not a bar specifically for drinking only, but a restaurant with a bar in it and we sat at the bar before seated at our table.
  • Options
    DS has been to the bar at the hockey rink (along with several other children), and maybe a restaurant/ pub here and there, but that post on CL is ridiculous!?
  • Options
    I used to go to happy hour while very prego. Always gave me a chuckle the looks I got. Then I went with H in his infant carrier too, but not like late at night and usually only on the deck. Though I did go to opals a few months ago for a northies gtg ;)
  • Options
    My parents love to tell the story of the first bar I went to! I think I was 6 weeks old? My dad was county attorny, or judge or something at the time. The bail bondsmen couldn't formally send him gifts for my birth because it would be considered a bribe. So they threw a big party at a bar (come on, these were bail bondsmen)! There was me in my carrier, being gifted quilts and the such ... sitting on a bar in a seedy part of town Smile
  • Options

Indifferent

I don't see what the big deal is, unless it is really loud, smokey, or there are people vomiting all over themselves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Holy crap!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMainer-in-Texas:

there are people vomiting all over themselves.

What kind of bars are you hanging out in? Stick out tongue

• Options

My sister and I practically grew up in bars, but that was in small town in the Midwest.  Some of my fondest memories are of drinking Shirley Temples and dancing on the dance floor. 

That being said, I doubt I would take DD to a bar downtown late at night or out to Mardi Gras.  

ETA: I edited my mistake -- I think?

• Options
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:
    imageMainer-in-Texas:

there are people vomiting all over themselves.

What kind of bars are you hanging out in? Stick out tongue

Haha! That was my way of saying "a bunch of really drunk people."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I grew up at the bar... The Breeze Inn on Bolivar Peninsula.  That place probably saved me from skin cancer.  My mom would bring me there to hang out when I was too burned to stay on the beach any longer.
    Our bartender's name was Otis.  He always gave me quarters to knock the balls around on the pool table.  He was a white haired [pot bellied old balding man who always wore pearl snap shirts.  Some of my best childhood memories were there.
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"