Babies: 0 - 3 Months

speaking of pump & dump...

let me start by saying sorry if this offends anyone who doesn't believe in drinking while breastfeeding!!!

I really want to have a glass or two of wine tonight with dinner. ?i have pumped and have about 6oz chilling in the fridge. ?however, i am still really freaked out about the alcohol being in my system...even after i wait the recommended 2hrs. ?Can someone please share the proper "pump & dump" procedure?????

Re: speaking of pump & dump...

• You don't actually need to pump and dump.  You only need to pump if you feel engorged.  Otherwise, just wait it out.  The alcohol doesn't sit in your BM, so once it passes through your system, 1-2 hours (till you don't feel it anymore) your Lo can safely have your BM. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Isn't it better not to get engorged for the sake of your supply?  I've always heard to pump for every missed feeding or bottle you give your LO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesunflowergrl:
    You don't actually need to pump and dump.  You only need to pump if you feel engorged.  Otherwise, just wait it out.  The alcohol doesn't sit in your BM, so once it passes through your system, 1-2 hours (till you don't feel it anymore) your Lo can safely have your BM. 

This exactly.

• imageteeah22:

Isn't it better not to get engorged for the sake of your supply?  I've always heard to pump for every missed feeding or bottle you give your LO.

If you have a good supply, you can skip a feeding every now and then and it won't hurt your supply.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"