Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Who's drinking tonight??

SO got some wine for us to share tonight.  I haven't had a drink since early March - I'm a little nervous Stick out tongue  I EBF, so I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work.  Any EBFers with drinking advice haha??  Who else is enjoying a little drinky drink to celebrate the New Year?

Re: Who's drinking tonight??

• I'm going to have some champagne.  I think you can still BF as long as you feel sober enough to drive. 
  • Just make sure you have some pumped milk (or formula) to feed in case you get tipsy.  If you're not sober enough to drive, you may need to pump and dump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not me.  I'm finally recovering from my migraine that was so intense I was throwing up.

Otherwise I'd crack open some bubbly!

• imageteeah22:
    Just make sure you have some pumped milk (or formula) to feed in case you get tipsy.  If you're not sober enough to drive, you may need to pump and dump.

I have a small stash in the fridge/freezer.  He'll be more than fine if I have to dump.  

• I just finished a delicious Blue Moon.  Yum!  One beer or one glass of wine and you should be fine.  Like PP said, if you feel sober you are fine to BF.  Also, you don't have to pump and dump.  Once the alcohol leaves your system, it has left your BM.  If you do feel too tipsy to feed or pump, just wait an hour or two to sober up and then pump so you don't waste anything. 
  • LO is sleeping thru the night, so I am already on my second glass (maybe one more) and will pump and dump before I go to bed. God, I  miss getting buzzed, maybe I sound like a lush, but it's true! I found out I was pregnant on Jan. 25, so it has been a long (almost) year of sobriety! :-p Happy New Year!
  • imagebobbydsgirl:
    LO is sleeping thru the night, so I am already on my second glass (maybe one more) and will pump and dump before I go to bed. God, I  miss getting buzzed, maybe I sound like a lush, but it's true! I found out I was pregnant on Jan. 25, so it has been a long (almost) year of sobriety! :-p Happy New Year!

You definitely don't sound like a lush.  I love the feeling of being buzzed... I seriously can't wait to feel like that again haha

• imagemonkey_mama09:

imagebobbydsgirl:
    LO is sleeping thru the night, so I am already on my second glass (maybe one more) and will pump and dump before I go to bed. God, I  miss getting buzzed, maybe I sound like a lush, but it's true! I found out I was pregnant on Jan. 25, so it has been a long (almost) year of sobriety! :-p Happy New Year!

You definitely don't sound like a lush.  I love the feeling of being buzzed... I seriously can't wait to feel like that again haha

Me too!  Everyone always gives the advice that you don't have to punp and dump if you just have one.  Well I want like 4, I don't see the point otherwise :) 

If I can get him to bed in the next hour maybe I'll have a couple, we have a bottle of champagne for later too.  He's been sleeping til 4am the last couple nights so I should be good.

• We went out to eat at Red Lobster and both got a drink (LO was at home with MIL). We have a bottle of wine to share at midnight, but that's all. 
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• I'm planning on a couple of sips of sips of champagne.
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • On my first glass of champagne! So YUMM! I pumped before and I am going to wait a couple hours before pumping again.
  • Already working on my pint of Corona...Happy New Years! oh we are doing formula tonight :)
  • DH was going to have some wine by himself tonight since he's really not had a drink to support me while I've been pregnant/breastfeeding.  But after reading this I am totally going to have a glass after DD goes to bed. 
  • ME!  We are in Central Time Zone so we had NY about an hour past everyone at home.  I'm a little buzzed.  I love it.  lol :)  Rum and Coke is my favorite.
  • ME!! We're central time zone so we're an hour and a half into our new year.  I'm enjoying some rum and coke.   One of the benefits to formula feeding.  lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"