Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Waking up to feed during the day?

Do you wake your LO up from there nap to feed during the day? I have been every 3 hours during the day because he was gaining weight slow at first but seems to be gaining really good now! Should I continue waking him every 3 hours during the day or should I let him wake up on his own?

Re: Waking up to feed during the day?

• Options
    I do in hopes hat it will help her sleep longer at night, but that hasn't helped yet.  she still wakes up every 3 hours during the night.  Not so much during the day though
  • Options
    I had a preemie who needed 3 hour feeds, now that he has gained good weight and is catching up to his percentile my pedi told me to not let him go any longer then 4 hours in the day and then let him go however long he does at night. He still wakes between 3 - 3.5 hours so I haven't had to wake him yet.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After regained birth weight, never wake a sleeping baby. Sleep begets sleep in babies.
  • Options
    i was told the same thing by my pedi (and read in a few books).  Let them wake you at night to feed (once they regained birthweight) and during the day dont let them sleep more than 3 hours.  Mainly because they will take one long nap and you want that to be at night. This also helps with their day/night reversal.
  • Options

image6ft2bride:
    i was told the same thing by my pedi (and read in a few books).  Let them wake you at night to feed (once they regained birthweight) and during the day dont let them sleep more than 3 hours.  Mainly because they will take one long nap and you want that to be at night. This also helps with their day/night reversal.

This exactly. My experience is that if they take super long naps during the day, nights will be shorter. Not all babies are the same of course... but we wake if DD sleeps longer then 3-3.5 hours (so that would mean she hasn't eaten in 4-4.5 hours). She very rarely does, but if she does I wake her to feed her and she's usually happy to be up and will stay awake for her typical hour before going back down for a nap. She's sleeping great at night (STTN by the book) so it's working for us.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"