Infertility

BMI and Lupron

A bit of a panic attack...

I'm starting Lupron tomorrow (!), and I was reading a previous post about having to be a certain weight to start Lupron and not giving it in your stomach, depending on your BMI.  I'm overweight with a BMI of 37 and was never told I needed to lose weight or inject Lupron in anywhere other than my stomach.  In fact, they encouraged me to do it in my stomach.  I'm worried....am I missing something?  Will the Lupron not get to where it needs to go because of the fat?

TIA!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: BMI and Lupron

• i wouldn't stress about it, just do it where the dr. told you to.  i am not tiny by any means and was told to inject in the stomach.

if your dr. was at all concerned he would have mentioned it, it's his job to get you knocked up

GL and google is the devil ;)

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • I am not sure about my BMI but I am at least 80lbs overweight. None of my REs ever said anything to me about the lupron. I have injected it into my stomach probably over 100 times! Regarding the post you are referring to, that girl probably just has a very strict RE. They all have different opinions on everything. 
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenewsbaby:
    I am not sure about my BMI but I am at least 80lbs overweight. None of my REs ever said anything to me about the lupron. I have injected it into my stomach probably over 100 times! Regarding the post you are referring to, that girl probably just has a very strict RE. They all have different opinions on everything. 

It was me, and yes, I have a very strict RE. He won't let anyone with a BMI over 30 inject in the abdomens... just arms and thighs.

But plenty of girls here have - without problems. don't lose any sleep over it - and i'm sorry that i worried you.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks, Ladies!  I just wanted to be sure I don't do anything wrong!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am one of those posts. I was supposed to start lupron 2 weeks ago and when I went in for the ivf class and a mock embryo transfer one of the RE told me my BMI was too high. No one told me that they had a cut off due to the risks of anethesia (sp?). But I was instructed to give my injections in my abdominal area.
    Stacy
    PCOS, RPL, & Anti Cardiolipin Antibody
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"