Infertility

follistim pen ?

I have 900IU vials of follistim, my vial is close to empty (maybe there are 25-50IU left in it) but my dose is still at 150IU.

How do I use it down to the last drop?

Will it let you dial up your dose if there isn't that much medicine in there? 

I don't mind taking two follistim shots in one night to finish out the cartridge. I just don't want to fudge up my dose trying to use it all. 

Re: follistim pen ?

• Yes you can dial up the pen to your full dose even if it's not all in the cartridge. When you do the first shot, push the button down like you normally would, it will stop going in when the cartridge is empty. After you pull the needle out just check to see where the dial has stopped at and that is the amount you need to do out of the next one. Don't be surprised if you get more out of the cartridge than you think is in there, they tend to be over filled which is really nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You'll be able to dial past what's left.  Set your amount, inject everything you can.  The dial will show you how much to take from the new vial.

• Loading the player...
  • They're overfilled by a LOT! I got quite a bit out of mine, actually. I was surprised. Like the others said, just dial your dose, inject, then look at where the dial stopped. Remember the number, change the vial, then dial that amount. Done :)
    imageimage

• omg! thank you so, so, so much. I was kind of bugging out.

Happy New Year girls! 

• imageEMTTessie:
    Yes you can dial up the pen to your full dose even if it's not all in the cartridge. When you do the first shot, push the button down like you normally would, it will stop going in when the cartridge is empty. After you pull the needle out just check to see where the dial has stopped at and that is the amount you need to do out of the next one. Don't be surprised if you get more out of the cartridge than you think is in there, they tend to be over filled which is really nice.

Exactly! 

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"