Multiples
Options

My babies seem kinda huge at 31 weeks, no?

4 1/2 pound each? Isn't that BIG?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My babies seem kinda huge at 31 weeks, no?

• Options

yeah- that does sound big! but good!!!! bigger the better right now! your dr can tell you what percentile they are in for their gestation. mine were born a day short of 35 weeks and they were 5lbs and 5 lbs 10 oz.

another thing to consider is that they are only guessing according to measurements of bones and stuff like that. they can be off a pound or so. i think our babies were a bit smaller than they were supposed to be.

• Options
    That's about what mine were... but then i developed Pre-Eclampsia and they slowed down.. they were 5lbs 2oz and 6lb 1oz when they were born at 37 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

per this chart they are huge. at 31 weeks the average baby is 3.3lbs

https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart 

• Options
    I wonder if it's a bad thing - like, GD that was missed or something.
  • Options

imageCrazeyJaneyR:

I wouldn't read too much into it.

DD was 9 lbs at birth, which is >95th percentile.  I passed the 1 hr test with flying colors.  They checked her sugars for 24 hrs after birth just to make sure, but she was healthy as can be.  Just huge.

Still is, actually.  She'll be 2 in Feb, and she wears 3T/4T clothes.

• Options
    uh yeah. :) mine were about that big when they were born at 33 weeks!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:

imageCrazeyJaneyR:

DD was 9 lbs at birth, which is >95th percentile.? I passed the 1 hr test with flying colors.? They checked her sugars for 24 hrs after birth just to make sure, but she was healthy as can be.? Just huge.

Still is, actually.? She'll be 2 in Feb, and she wears 3T/4T clothes.

?

My daughter was ?nice size, 8lb 3 oz, so I could just be a big babymaker, lol. My sisters and I were all well under 6 pounds, 1 was under 5 pounds. My Mom was a heavy smoker. I always assumed I would have small babies but I guess the smoking was what did it.

• Options
    imageCrazeyJaneyR:
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:

imageCrazeyJaneyR:

DD was 9 lbs at birth, which is >95th percentile.  I passed the 1 hr test with flying colors.  They checked her sugars for 24 hrs after birth just to make sure, but she was healthy as can be.  Just huge.

Still is, actually.  She'll be 2 in Feb, and she wears 3T/4T clothes.

My daughter was  nice size, 8lb 3 oz, so I could just be a big babymaker, lol. My sisters and I were all well under 6 pounds, 1 was under 5 pounds. My Mom was a heavy smoker. I always assumed I would have small babies but I guess the smoking was what did it.

Oh yeah, with the size of your DD I wouldn't worry a bit.  You just cook big babies.  I hope I do the same!

• Options
    I also think the measurements can be off by a pound, so who knows!
  • Options

They are big, but I wouldn't worry about it.

My peri uses Dr. Luke's chart. It says that at 31 weeks, the 50th percentile for twins is 3lb. 7oz. There have to be twins in the 80th-99th percentile - sounds like that's where yours are! :)  I wouldn't worry unless someone tells you too.

FWIW, I have GD and my babies were in the 28th and 32nd percentile at 34 weeks (4lbs10oz and 4lbs11oz). There's a wide range of normal - as long as they're healthy! 

• Options
    That does seem kind of big. Mine were born at 32w and were 3lbs 3oz and 3lbs 14oz. That's great though keep growing those babies. 
  • Options
    That does seem big! That's great to hear!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    My boys were born at 32 weeks and were "big" for their age. Jalen was 4lbs 4 oz and Landon was 4lbs 10 oz.
  • Options
    Ultrasounds can be off a little. The trio were born at 31.2 weeks and 2 days before they were all over 4 lbs on the last us I got to have. When they were born they were 3.12, 3.15 and 3.7 so the us was off by about a half lb per baby.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

I am now a firm believer that u/s can be off!! They repeatedly told me that baby A was SGA then IUGR....but at birth (38w+), she was almost 6 lbs!! That was a far stretch (thank God!!) from the approx. 4 lbs. they predicted via u/s.

As for thinking they overlooked GD or something, I'd ask, but I am sure with all the monitoring and visits they would have caught that. 

Way to cook 'em. You're doing GREAT!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My babies were both in the 96-99th percentile at our 26 week appointment so they tested early for GD.  When it came back negative they said it's fine that we just have fat babies =))) 
  • Options
    It is bigger but it sounds like you have bigger babies, like I did.  DS was 9 lbs 1 oz and my b/g twins were 7 lbs 1 oz and 7 lbs 6 oz at 38 weeks respectively.  And I did not have GD.  Sounds like you're doing great!
  • Options
    Mine are just under that at 4 lbs 3 oz and 4 lbs 7 oz.  Peri says they are measuring a week ahead.  Big babies are good!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine were 3.10, 3.10 and 3.15 at a little less than 31 weeks so that's great. They ended up being born 4.1, 4.5 and 5.5 at 33.1 weeks. Good job girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"