Working Moms
Options

Any cold prevention tips?

I know it's a part of DS being around other kids and all but, this will be his second cold in the past month. Is 2 colds per month  normal?  It takes a week to get over one then it seems like he's getting one all over again.

I figure there's something I must be overlooking or doing wrong. Help!

Re: Any cold prevention tips?

• Options
    For my DS, yes 2 colds a month was normal. It sucks but I guess it's all part of it. I've been giving my DS a probiotic in his milk every night (Culturelle for Kids- found at the grocery store) and it seems to help a bit. He still gets sick but the illnesses don't seem as bad so I think his immune system is a little stronger.
  • Options
    That age is tough b/c they are touching everything and putting their hands in their mouths a lot.  Best advice I can give, wash hands/purell regularly, especially before meals, after leaving daycare/play area/play date/bday party, etc. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put probiotics on DD's milk almost everyday. Being that majority of the immune system is in the digestive tract, the probiotics help
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, I also bought hand sanitizing wipes to keep in the car. I wipe his hands right after I pick him up from daycare... it makes me feel better.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will look into the probiotics and get some sanitizing wipes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"