Parenting after a Loss
Options

Carson, mommy needs a break!

Carson has been cranky and screaming on and off since we tried to put him to bed last night.  He gets really loud and you can tell that he's uncomfortable, he'll poop and then he's happy for a short period of time.  We've tried the crib, the car seat, the bouncer, the swing, being held, gripe water, gas drops, feeding him, burping, having him on his tummy, took his temp-which was normal of course...I don't know what else to do!  I hardly got any sleep and I'm sort of dreading tonight,  I hate that I don't know how to help him....

Any other suggestions?

Re: Carson, mommy needs a break!

• Options

::::butting in::::::

Have you tried a nice warm bath with lavendar?

Good Luck hon! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Aww I am so sorry Beck..Sounds like you are doing everything perfect :( Good Luck Momma!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh goodness, I hope he settles down soon! Maybe a warm bath would be nice, or a change of scenery. If you can do out somewhere, maybe he'd enjoy some new surroundings
  • Options
    Aww, I'm sorry! I hate days/nights like that.  Sounds like you're doing everything right .. keep at it and I hope he sleeps for you soon!
  • Options

I know you tried the gas drops and gripe water, but he could be gassy, especially if he poops and is happy for a short time then starts all over. Try putting a warm wash cloth on his belly, or bicycle legs. I also found the other night when I pressed down gently on N's belly like around his belly button he would pass some gas.

Also, do you swaddle? Sometimes N will be going insane and I'll wrap him up real tight and he's quiet as could be.

Read this website and see if it helps at all? I'm so sorry you have an uncooperative LO!

https://www.babyslumber.com/happiestbaby.html 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh I am so sorry :( that's tough... i have anxiety going into the evenings sometimes too not knowing what to expect.  I just keep praying and thinking "one day at time" or "one hour at a time"

Hang in there!!!

BFP #1 = 12/23/08 M/C = 1/5/09 @ 6 w 0 d
    BFP #2 = 3/30/09 DD born 12/9/09
    BFP #3 = 5/17/11 EDD = 1/27/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    18 months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Have you driven him around? E passes out in the car. GL- I know how exhausted you must be.
    bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
  • Options
    thanks for the ideas girls...we'll keep running through them until he sleeps.  He does like riding in the car, but I can only drive around for so long!
  • Options
    car ride! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"