Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Talk me down...Freaking out over Progesteron Levels

Hi Girls,

RE just called and left a vm with blood work results: HCG is 2941 (which is above the 2752 I calculated based on 12/25's level of 344...yes I know I'm a nerd!!!)

Progesteron went from 28.6 to 19.4.....I am freaking out that it dropped.  I'm waiting for the office to call me back to talk about it, but has this happened to anybody else?

Also, I got a surprise u/s this morning (I thought they were waiting until 6 weeks and since I am only 5w3d, I never thought it would be today....neither did my unshaven legs and unpolished toenails!!!) Right away they saw a gest sac measuring 10mm and a tiny yolk sac.....does that sound about right???

TIA!!

Re: Talk me down...Freaking out over Progesteron Levels

• Options

Sounds like you're in great shape! 

Just having your progesterone drop isn't bad - my doc said it fluctuates a few points every day anyway. 19.4 is still definitely high enough - just have them watch it to make sure it doesn't keep dropping. No need to panic at this point.

Congrats!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sounds perfect.  Do NOT worry about fluctuating progesterone.  My RE just wants to see 12 or above.  Mine was 40 at one draw and 20 at another.  They said a lot of things effect the progesterone, including what you eat or don't eat... 19.4 is a good number and I totally wouldn't worry.

Yay for the yolk sac.  Now you know it is in the right spot, just have to wait as it grows.  Enjoy your pg.  Next week you should see the hb.   H&H!

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My prog levels were even lower and my doc said not to worry. Did you have your blood drawn at different times? That can make a big difference apparently. I had mine drawn at exactly the same time 48 hours apart and I still saw a drop. I panicked too so I had my doc put me on vag prog supps since there's no harm in them. GL!
  • Options
    imagejrodsgal06:

Hi Girls,

RE just called and left a vm with blood work results: HCG is 2941 (which is above the 2752 I calculated based on 12/25's level of 344...yes I know I'm a nerd!!!)

Progesteron went from 28.6 to 19.4.....I am freaking out that it dropped.  I'm waiting for the office to call me back to talk about it, but has this happened to anybody else?

Also, I got a surprise u/s this morning (I thought they were waiting until 6 weeks and since I am only 5w3d, I never thought it would be today....neither did my unshaven legs and unpolished toenails!!!) Right away they saw a gest sac measuring 10mm and a tiny yolk sac.....does that sound about right???

TIA!!

This is exactly what we saw at 5 weeks 5 days.  My RE said that everything looked very normal :)

IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"