Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

new here! have a question

hi everyone! this is my first post on this board- my son carter will be 2 on the 14th. i do have a question though...

he seems to have horrible diarrhea spells (very runny, light colored diarrhea up to 12 times a day) almost monthly that last anywhere from 2 days to almost 2 weeks. the last time it happened i took him to the doctor twice and all they could tell me was to let it ride out. we are in the middle of an episode right now and i am planning on mentioning it at his 2 year appointment.

any ideas of what could be going on? it is obviously something i am convinced either an allergy or some sort of GI issue. i am going to start keeping a food diary of what he eats and how his poos look. any suggestions to what works for your child? Thank you! :)

Re: new here! have a question

• Options
    I would definitely give him the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) as well as a ton of fluids.  DS used to have problems with diarrhea (for a shorter duration than you're dealing with) and my pedi's major concern was dehydration.  I always had pedialyte on hand and popsicles.  Hope that he feels better
  • Options
    is he lactose intolerant?  My DS's half sister (he is adopted) had severe diarrhea on and off for the longest time and they finally came to the conclusion that she was lactose intolerant.  Hope this helps!  WELCOME!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My nephew had like constant diarrhea at this age until they figured out that he's intolerant to orange juice and even water (I think everything besides milk). He needed to drink alot of milk. Even when they put warm water in his milk bottle he got diarrhea. As he got older, he was able to drink more things besides milk.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I would ask your Pedi to run an allergy screen.  It could be an allergy.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"