Austin Babies

You, NYE, 1999: a poll of sorts

2»

Re: You, NYE, 1999: a poll of sorts

• Man, I had GRAND plans to party that night - but wouldn't you know - I came down with pneumonia (sp) the day before and I rang in the new years sick as a dog.  It was a bummer.  I know one dd will ask me what i did to celebrate the new millenium and I'll say "Ny Quil"
  • In 1999, I was working at my first job out of college at a TV station in Madison, WI and I HATED it.  I knew no one in Madison, didn't have a boyfriend and was really missing my college life and friends.  And, I am the biggest weenie ever and thought the world might explode, so I went home to Iowa for NYE to be with my parents (and closer to sustainable farmland should I survive the blast)... My parents went to a party, so I spent the evening ALONE on the sofa watching the balls drop in every time zone.  Lame! Big Smile

Anyway, I am glad the world didn't blow up.  I had no idea where I'd be today... but I hoped that I'd be married and have at least one baby.  Thankfully I left Madison and moved to NC shortly after that and was so happy for much of my 20s... and eventually moved here to meet DH.  God is good!

• Loading the player...
  • I was a junior in high school here in austin. My family and I spent NYE 99 with family in the valley(McAllen). An aunt of mine had a huge party- we had mariachis, dj, etc. In some ways I am where I thought I would be and somes not. I wanted to have a family by 30. I am 27, and have a 2 y/o lil girl and am 28 weeks w/our son. My career is what I am still working on.

• imagemlf625:
    So, Nesties, what were you up to ten years ago on NYE of 1999?  Where were you living, what were you doing, how did you ring in the New Year?  Is your life where you thought it would be if someone had asked you where you would be by NYE 2009?

NYE 2009 I was living in Brooklyn, celebrating the new year in the city.  I would NEVER in a million years ever thought I'd be living in Texas by NYE 2010.  Never ever.  I thought I was going to live in NYC for the rest of my life.  

• I was living in the San Diego area, with a loser of a guy and completely unhappy.  I was still in college and working part-time for a domestic violence agency.  We rang in the NY at one of his friend's house who had a 80's dress up party.

I would have never expected to be where I am on NYE 2009 but it's much better than I could have imagined.  Honestly, never thought that I would live in a Southern state again after leaving LA and moving to Cali but I think Austin is the exception :)

• imageKateAggie:
    imageabbysmom1005:

imagenaclh2otaffy:

I feel really, really old reading these posts.

No ***!  If MMT needs metamusil WTF do I need then. I will be 38 in 2010 how the hell did that happen?  Damn I am OLD!

Well, obviously, we'll be celebrating NYE at the nursing home.  Hopefully we'll manage to stay up until midnight. I hear there's going to be pudding. =)

yum, pudding!  I'm there!

• imagenaclh2otaffy:

This!

I was at a black tie party at the Omni.  An attorney that I knew had rented out the entire floor of ball rooms.  Each ball room was a different theme.  One room had a large 18 piece band playing big band type music; one room had a dj playing dance music; one room had a rock band; and another room had the full buffet with snow crab legs, steaks cooked to order, etc.  Then at 12:30 the buffet was turned into a breakfast buffet.  It was amazing.  I was on the carreer path working my way up to senior paralegal for a large firm.  I expected to be married with at least 2 kids and a stay-at-home mom that spent her days playing tennis and going to the spa  by now.  HA!  Little did I know.  Oh the sweet bliss of inocence!!  Although, I have to say that I would rather have my less than rich husband and our beutiful dogs than that life any day.

• imagenaclh2otaffy:

Me too Taffy!!!  OMG high school?  Smile  And being well past the dirty 30 it's not all that bad ladies!

I had just broken up with a boyfriend and quit my first job (first real job out of college) so I took off to NY with my best friend.  Got a new job and started life over.  It was awesome.  I'd always hoped I'd end up where I am now but back in 1999 I didn't really think it would ever happen so I decided to be young, single and cool on the East coast.

My mom was doing PR in the Seton system and I my dad is an operations manager here in town at a TV station-- I remember they both had to be at the city's bunker in case the world came to an end.  So much fuss for nothing! 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, let's see if I can remember that far back... If I'm not mistaken, we spend New Year's in San Antonio and went out with my bestfriend and her boyfriend at the time and brought in the new year at Dave and Buster's.  I was a junior in college and had been dating DH for about eight months. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"