North Dakota Babies
Options

Rough Day Today...

Earlier this afternoon my Mom's cell phone stated blowing up with phone calls from her cousins.  My Great-Aunt was very sick and in the hospital.  They were calling to say that tomorrow (today now) she was being transferred to a special home in the cities and they warned my Mom that this was "the end".

We immediately hopped in the car and brought my Grandma to the hospital to see her. 

Because of my issues I had to leave the hospital part and go back down to the cafeteria while they visited (plus she was in partial isolation and I've been suffering from allergies and decided a shaking girl who keeps sneezing doesn't look good).  But Grandma's sister hasn't been told her time is limited and we couldn't bring ourselves to telling Grandma this is the last time she's probably going to see her.  It was extremely sad.  I just kept thinking of the day this may happen with my brother.  And that along with the minor panic attack I was having made me the most pathetic person in the cafeteria.  Luckily it's a hospital... they seemed used to seeing people cry.

But we got home and just didn't know what to say and went on with our evening as we usually would.  But I can't help but wonder if my Grandma knows and how she's dealing with it, really.  She looks fine on the outside, but who knows what's going on inside.  I know old age is natural, we all eventually die and dying of "natural" causes as an elderly person is an ideal way to go, but the end is still hard no matter how old you are.

Re: Rough Day Today...

• Options
    Jaye, I am sending you big hugs!  I think it is hard at any age, we just learn to accept things better the more we live and the more we experience.
  • Options

adding more hugs for you here.

It's so hard to know that you are possibly saying goodbye, and having to deal with keeping information like this. we had to do this with my grandma when my aunt was at the last stages of cancer. It's so very hard to deal with.

I'm here if you need to talk. 

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tons of hugs, Jaye!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry Jaye :( Sounds really rough...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    That is a rough day.  I am so sorry.  Lots of hugs.
  • Options
    It never matters how old someone is. It's always hard to say goodbye to someone we love.  :::Hugs:::
  • Options
    Aww, I am sorry to hear that.  I'll send tons of HUGS your way!  Let us know if you need anything. 
  • Options
    lots of hugs....I don't really know what to say, it's never easy no matter what the circumstances. We're all here for you, T&P for you and your family

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"