Secondary IF
Options

Starting stims tonight and scared (IVF)

I am having trouble with the shots.  I stress myself out and the lupron doesn't even hurt except for a pinch sometimes, but the thought of adding 2 more tonight, is too much!

If you did IVF, how long did you stim and did you have any side effects from the drugs.  I am taking Gonal-f and menopur. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Starting stims tonight and scared (IVF)

• Options
    No advice, just wanted to say good luck and I am right behind you.  I start lupron the 10th.
  • Options

I know the shots suck!  I just have always had to remind myself why I was doing them and think of the end results!  I don't remember how many days I stimmed and I only did menopur.  The menopur kinda burns going in and the needle isn't any worse than the lupron.  I had horrible headaches on Lupron!  I didn't notice anything else from the menopur though that I can remember... slight cramping sometimes as the follicles were getting bigger...but not a big deal. 

Good luck to you!!!

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First IVF I stimmed for 8 days and the second for 10.  I didn't really have any side effects.  I felt like the first night of multiple shots was hard but you just get used to it and after a few days, it was no big deal.  Just a warning menopur stings a little bit going in for some reason, I always did it first to get it over with.  Good luck!
  • Options

Hi,

I'm new to this board... I'm undergoing my 2nd IVF right now and have my egg retrieval in the morning.  

My first cycle, I stimmed for 10 days, and this time I stimmed for 11.  I was using Menopur to stim and Ganirelix to suppress ovulation.  The only side effects from the Menopur I had was twinging in the ovaries, and now that I'm fully stimmed and ready for ER, I feel really bloated and my ovaries feel sore.  Other than that, the Menopur wasn't bad at all.  

Best of luck to you... I hope you do great!  Keep us posted.   

Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
  • Options
    I took the same meds for both IVF's. The shots weren't bad at all. If you find you are having trouble, ice the area for a few and once it's numb it should be much easier.
    Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"