Trying to Get Pregnant

I love being off bcp

I swear I am a new woman.  I am in a better mood, I've lost a couple pounds already and my sex drive is back!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I love being off bcp

• It took me awhile to adjust off of BCP, but once I was I felt a million times better. NEVER AGAIN!!
    imageimage
  • I wish this was the case for me.  I have noticed that I am moodier, I have more cramps and I have gained weight since I stopped my bcp.  I keep thinking things will get better, but I am only a couple weeks shy of year since I stopped taking them.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Good for you! I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on with mine.

• I feel the same way! My desire is way up and overall I just feel better.  It might all be in my mind but never want to go back on that junk!!!
  • imageSTL34:
    I wish this was the case for me.  I have noticed that I am moodier, I have more cramps and I have gained weight since I stopped my bcp.  I keep thinking things will get better, but I am only a couple weeks shy of year since I stopped taking them.

I hear ya sista! Its been a little rough.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageSTL34:
    I wish this was the case for me.  I have noticed that I am moodier, I have more cramps and I have gained weight since I stopped my bcp.  I keep thinking things will get better, but I am only a couple weeks shy of year since I stopped taking them.

This is totally me...

• imagecanthardlywait426:

imageSTL34:

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it is nice to know I am not the only one...

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• OMG I know! My cramps and periods were awful but in the last few months I am finally having hardly any cramps and my periods don't last for weeks or more like they did before.. The acne that was insane as slightly gotten better.. And I have a sex drive.. And I have been off BC since Nov. 07 ughh...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Since being off BCP I've had worse periods but a way higher sex drive, so I guess it evens out. The other thing I find interesting is that my sex drive is really linked to where I am in my cycle, on bcp that never happened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSTL34:
    imagecanthardlywait426:

imageSTL34:

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it is nice to know I am not the only one...

I'm right there with you. My cramps are a gazillion times worse, my flow is heavier and I have gained a good 20 lbs this year. Sad

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Same here I am never going on BCP ever again!! I suffer from horrible migraines and since I have been off the pill (since Nov) I have only had one mild migraine!! I was getting migraines 3-4 times per week. I have my sex drive back, DH has been complaining he can't keep  up with me haha.

The only down side is my cramps are back to the severe pain they used to be before. But if thats the only down side I can deal with some cramping for a day versus migraines all the time!

• I feel like I finally have a sex drive since I stopped BCP.  Also, my periods are shorter, lighter, and I have fewer cramps.  It's a win-win.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • I so completely agree!  I thought my sex drive had gone down because DH and I had been together for a long time and I was just less interested.  But since I've been off hormonal contraceptives, I am way more interested than I have been in years.  DH is happy about that, too!   I will never go back.
    Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Me too! i've only been off BCP for like three weeks, but my sex drive is wayyyy up! And I just feel better in general! I was super worried about my skin flaring up since my skin was the only reason I went on BCP when I was 15. My skin has been totally fine! It's great! I'm sorry to hear that some people are not having a good experience... but I guess it's better to be off of the hormones...

Who knows though, it could be bad soon considering I have no idea if my cycles will regulate themselves... 

BFP 1/9/10
    Saw Heartbeat 2/3/10 No heartbeat 2/8/10 ~ D&C 2/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10
    Fall 2011: SA, all normal  6/12/12: Lap and Tubal Dye Test: Moderate endo everywhere, 95% removed, Tubes open!
    Femara + B2B IUIs with great numbers on 9/9 & 9/10 = BFN
    Femara + trigger + IUI with awesome #'s on 10/6 = BFN
    Femara + B2B IUIs with still great numbers 11/12 = BFN
    Femara + B2B IUIs with even better #'s 12/12 = BFP!!!

Abby Rose was born 8/31/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSTL34:

This is me too. Except I also don't get AF on my own or ovulate.

However, when I was first off last December, I felt AMAZING, and as MSC said, like a new woman. Like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Not depressed anymore. I wish those feelings had stuck around!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"