Blended Families
Options

Looks like we'll be going to court, after all.

So after BM told everyone she was going to give up all three of her kids without a fight, she ran and cried to her daddy. She told him that my FI and her other kids' dad were ganging up on her and forcing her to give up the kids. Total crap since the only person who can force you to give up your kids is a judge.

Anywho, her dad got a lawyer on her behalf. Lawyer got this past Tuesday's preliminary hearing postponed. But I still thinkwe have nothing to worry about. The restraining order is still in effect, and no judge in their right mind would let BM keep custody.

Re: Looks like we'll be going to court, after all.

• Options
    With the evidence that you have she has no chance. The BEST I could see her getting is 50/50, but I hope she doesn't even get that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    :( Oh wow, good luck.  I think that you will be fine.  Your SD has displayed enough 'evidence' that I think any judge would see and know that you guys are the better parents!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, the current "unofficial custody agreement" is 50/50. We have her one week, BM has her one week. Until the restraining order, of course. But with the pictures of the living conditions, I don't see how a judge could possibly allow SD to go back into such an environment. It's unhealthy by anyone's standards.

Oh, and when BM found out that we have pictures of the place she was living in, her excuse for the mess was that after everything was boxed up and packed to move, her neighbor broke in and dumped it everywhere. I just have one question. Did the neighbor also shovel all the feces and insects and rotted food and trash that covered the house? I don't think so.

BM doesn't stand a chance. But FI is still so worried. Good for us, though, that the lawyer she has does not win very often. Our lawyer is one of the best family law attorneys in the area. Wish us luck.

• Options
    I've missed your story, but just that tidbit about the living conditions sounds horrific. I understand being nervous since states seem promom, but I think you should win. It's just stressful while you wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"