Parenting
Options

Anyone make baby food? Or have the Beaba?

I really want to make all of DD #2's food myself. I just bought the Beaba thing from William Sonoma, but am wondering if I should return it and just get a good Cuisinart instead. What do you use?

If you have the Beaba, is it worth it?

Re: Anyone make baby food? Or have the Beaba?

• Options
    I have a Cuisinart and it works fine. But the Beaba does sound pretty amazing. Also, when I know i'll be running around all day, i bring the wean machine, which is basically a rudimentary mini food processor that you can take to make baby food and feed on the go.
  • Options

I work there and our customers love it!

did you see the reviews online?  https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/beaba-babycook/?pkey=x|4|1||4|beaba||0&cm_src=SCH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay, I'm keeping it!

Zenya - I did see the reviews! It's what made me decide to go for it initially. I was being cheap for a second there. Then I realized a good cuisinart will cost about the same and probably cost me more time. I'm excited to start using it this weekend!

• Options

I made baby food for both of my DSs and for me that would have been a huge waste of money.  Both of my guys were big eaters and that would have made maybe one meal for them.  I have a Cuisinart and used that when I was making huge batches of stuff, but for one off meals I just used a immersion blender - way easier to clean up and you can gradually make their food chunkier as they get older.

I just noticed that I did use the Beaba silicon freezer containers (this was all I could find when I lived in the UK) and they look really good but it was hard to get the frozen cubes out of the container.  If you bought those and decide to keep them I recommend using a spoon to wedge the cubes out of there.

• Options
    yeah - it really depends on what your needs are.  Like I always feed my kids what we eat so it wouldn't have been much use to me but the people who come in and have it LOVE it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just have a cheap food processor and it works just fine.  Is the Beaba the really expensive one from Williams Sonoma that's kind of small?  If so I would take it back and get a good Cuisinart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree that that Beaba is kind of over priced. If it were $50, then maybe. I use my Cuisinart or this:

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options

I plan to make food this time around, but haven't before. I was really intrigued with the Beaba (saw in BBB flyer) until I read the reviews.  I think it is too small (I'll be making for twins, so may not be for you), and there seems to be a recurring issue with mold.   Nearly every negative review was about mold and being unable to disassemble and clean that area (the water reservoir, I think - it's been a while).  There are tons of good reviews, but I always go for the bad and see if the 'issues' are things I can live with,  and this is a case where I can't.

I'll be getting a Cuisinart and a small hand held blender. 

• Options
    I made food for both my kids and I never used more than a blender. I have a little chopper that I'm pretty sure is no-name and it worked fine. I wouldn't spend that much, but that's just me.  I would make all their food in big batches and freeze it in ice cube trays.  What a money saver it is to make your own food and so much healthier!  I guess the money you save could be spent on this processor. 
    Christmas 2009 image
  • Options
    I just use an immersion blender-works great!
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"