1st Trimester
Options

The further I get the sicker I get

I never was nauseous until about 7 weeks along. But I could manage it as long as I was constantly eating. Then it got to where I was nauseous no matter what I did but at least wasnt puking. Then right at 10 weeks I threw up for the first time, ironically when I wasnt even nauseous, just coughing. Well now I will be 11 weeks tomorrow (ticker is off one day) and even though I am getting close to the end of first tri, im getting more and more nauseous and sick. I threw up so violently today I just cried and vomited in cycles like I was 5 years old again.

Please reassure me that this isnt a sign Im gonna be ill this whole time. I dont think I could stand this!

And dramamine aint cutting it like my dr said it would : (

Re: The further I get the sicker I get

• Options
    It will end about 2 tri. Sorry it will take so long but its worth it in the end :-)
  • Options
    I'm lurking.  Some people are sick the whole time.  I was super sick til end of week 15.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know, it doesn't seem fair especially when those stupid babycenter emails say your nausea should be easing up around week 11.   I think that's b.s. and not true for a lot of women.

I remember having my worst nausea around week 12-13 the first time, and being so depressed about it.   But it did ease up a couple weeks after that, and went away completely lately in the 2nd trimester.

Don't lose hope - I know it sucks, but hang in there, it will get better.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In my first pg I was like that.  It finally ended about 16 weeks.  I really hope it doesn't last that long for you!
  • Options
    Have you tried Zofran (need a prescription)? That's what I've been taking and it's helped. I've been starting to feel better just in the last few days, before that I was having some of the same problems you are. I'm counting down the days till second tri.... Good luck!
  • Options
    If it continues and is making you miserable call your OB and see what else you can take. Sorry you're having such a rough day!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got to the point where I couldn't keep ANYTHING down - not even water - and I called my OB who prescribed Zofran. Of course, I threw up the first dose :( but after that - wonderful! It's only been two days but I haven't thrown up at all and my nausea is just mild. Don't let yourself get dehydrated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"