Attachment Parenting

AW: For all those people that think it hurts babies to be carried *PIP*

My son is now rolling! Ha! My MIL and SIL thought I was basically abusing Carson by holding him all the time. Well he just rolled actually has been rolling over for the past few days now! 

The beginning of the roll 

And what we call his "Oh ***" face 

and he is just getting so big 

Sorry but I have to AW his dimples 

Re: AW: For all those people that think it hurts babies to be carried *PIP*

• Yay!! Soo great.

J rolled both ways yesterday morning and has been doing it ever since. He's even talking a step at a time when we hold his arms!! 

Our whole family said he'd do these things so late since I always hold him, ha!

• So cute! DS was very early with all of his gross motor skills as well. Babywearing clearly doesn't slow them down!
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a mom friend tell me that I should leave him be more often and then he'd crawl.  Grrr.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • imagesazzie:
    all APers should aspire to be as nice & perfect as abby.. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/28580707.aspx

looks like somebody dirty deleted.  not very nice abby.

• imagefredalina:
    Honestly i attribute D's early  milestone achievement to BW'ing.  i feel like it works some of the same muscles, the way my legs always feel worn out when i stand on a subway on a trip to a big city.  You don't think they'd be working muscles, but they are.

Thats actually what our pedi said. They aren't just passively sitting, they are learning to balance their bodies. I LOVE wearing him, it makes him happy and it makes my life easier, and its obviously not hurting him 

• imageabbybff09:

imagefredalina:
    Honestly i attribute D's early  milestone achievement to BW'ing.  i feel like it works some of the same muscles, the way my legs always feel worn out when i stand on a subway on a trip to a big city.  You don't think they'd be working muscles, but they are.

Thats actually what our pedi said. They aren't just passively sitting, they are learning to balance their bodies. I LOVE wearing him, it makes him happy and it makes my life easier, and its obviously not hurting him 

SO good to know. I'm using this as ammunition because I know I'm gonna hear it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So cute!  My DS didn't actively roll until he started crawling at 9.5 months.  We religiously did tummy time, even extra after his six month appointment.  Wearing and holding him didn't hurt him, he just wasn't interested. 
  • DS hit all his physical milestones early.  I have read/heard being carried actually strengthens their muscles whereas laying down doesn't. 
  • Cute! This totally reminds me, I got the 3rd degree from a male grocery clerk one time because DS was in the Ergo. He was certain he would be bow-legged as a result. Idiot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"