Minnesota Babies

Newborn size?

My MIL has bought several clothing items for our baby. Some of the items are newborn size. Is this a size I will use or should I try to exchange them for 0-3 mos or bigger sizes?

Photo taken at 16 months old
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn size?

• well it really  depends on your baby Aiden was in newborn size for a long time 
  • Definitely depends on the baby and the brand of clothing. Olivia actually could have used some premie clothes for the first couple weeks, and she was born 7lbs7ozs, so not that tiny. She was wearing a mix of newborn/0-3 month clothes for a few months. I'd make sure you have at least a little of everything on hand.
    Ashley & Christian
  • Loading the player...
  • We were in newborn size for about 4 weeks.  DS was 8 lb 4 oz when he was born.
  • Definetly does NOT hurt to have a few newborn outfits...I too thought I would never use them but sure enough my baby came early and only weighed 6lbs 3oz and those NB outfits came in handy and now six weeks later she is just now growing out of them. HTH 

• My Olivia was 6 pounds 1 ounce when she was born at 37 weeks.  She wore preemie clothes for the first 6 weeks.  I don't remember when she outgrew newborn sizes exactly, but I do know that her first day of daycare (she was 14 weeks old) she wore a carters newborn size outfit.
  • I would have some on hand but wait to wash too much until the baby's here.  Good chance that your baby will fit into newborn clothing but you never know.  DD was born at 35 weeks and was 6 lbs 12 oz.  She wore newborn clothing for at least eight weeks.  And it also depends on the clothing.  We found Gerber things ran small and Carter's ran true to size, if not a little bigger.
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"