Parenting after 35

I'm a stupid mommy ....

ugh!  so after knowing how extremely tired Nicholas was yesterday after his vaccines, I still accepted to go out last night with DH and his BF to the Ale House.  DH and his BF met years ago while motocrossing down here in SFL.  He moved to TX about 2 years ago and we meet about 2-3x a year when he comes down to visit his mom.  He was visiting for the holidays and was going back tonight.  He's a really sweet guy who has had a lot of trouble with "finding the perfect girl" and just got out of another ugly relationship. He looks up to DH and our relationship and most importantly really wanted to meet LO for the first time.  He's genuinly very happy for us and and an all around great guy.  Well, here is where the story gets fun..... as we're all talking and deep in conversation, LO is fussy so I take him on my knee and try to console him, give him a little juice and he seems ok.  He starts grabbing at things on the table, but since I always push everything away, he only had the paper napkins to play with ... and eat!  (DUR! should have brought Sophie) oh yeah, it happened!  As we're all talking, I suddenly look down and realize that LO had eaten the paper napkin and before I could even grab what was left of it out of his hands and put my finger in his mouth to see what he had in there, it all came out on it's own.  Poor little guy threw up all over himself, me and half the food on the table!  I have to admit, I was really relieved when I saw paper coming out too!  but I should have known better, he was tired, he was cranky and I should have just stayed home.  ugh, sorry little man!  your mommy is still learning...  :o(
image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm a stupid mommy ....

• Ugh.  Nothing like those mommy learning moments.  You never forget the ones that end with vomit all over you.Ick!  You are not a stupid mommy!  It sounds like you handled it as well as possible, and your little man is no worse for wear. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Bea - you're not stupid!  He didn't eat the napkin because he was cranky and tired.  Lord knows we will not be able to monitor EVERYTHING our LO's put in their mouths - and they will put EVERYTHING in their mouths! 

That must have been something to clean up though....how was he after he barfed?

• Loading the player...
  • imagecarladillon:

That must have been something to clean up though....how was he after he barfed?

thanks ladies, I still feel like such a loser though, it's one of those DUR! moments that you know was bad thinking all along but still did it! 

Carla - yeah the waitress was not too thrilled but was nice about it and brought over some rags, she offered to clean up but I obviously did it.  It was projectile vomit, ALL over the place! Indifferent  Didn't want the poor girl to have to do that!  Afterwards, he felt somewhat better, still tired, but I think it helped that he actually threw up.  Looking back, i'm sure it had a lot more to do with the vaccines, but the paper napkin made it happen.  When we got home, it took him forever to fall asleep.  I must have held him in my arms until 2am!  poor little guy...after finally getting some sleep he's feeling much, much better today.

Big Smile

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, I am glad he is feeling better. You know they send them home from the hospital with a formula sample and a one page instruction sheet (if your lucky). No crystal ball included. PP's right, he didn't eat it because he was tired, just because that's what they do. :o)

• imagecarladillon:

Oh Bea - you're not stupid!  He didn't eat the napkin because he was cranky and tired.  Lord knows we will not be able to monitor EVERYTHING our LO's put in their mouths - and they will put EVERYTHING in their mouths! 

This exactly!  My child is obsessed with trying to eat dog food (and has managed to do so a couple of times), and loves to put paper of any kind in her mouth.

Later, you will think this story is funny.  I promise.

• Awww, and ewww!

I'm sure it was the vaccines more than the napkins.  

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"