South Florida Babies

BH contractions?

Ok, with Abby I NEVER had any BH.  I had a little bit of pressure, but it felt just like she was pressing up against the sides a little too hard.  It never hurt or anything.  This past week, Iv'e been getting them BAD... at least, I think that's what they are.  It happens maybe 2x a day and last for about 3 min each, but it feels like a really apinful squeezing at the top of my belly, near my rib cage.  To the point I have to lie down.  Is this a contax?  Is it normal to have them at 30 weeks?  Oh, and sometimes the pain is in my lower back and it feels like really bad gas or like i have to go to the bathroom, but then it passes (the pain, not the gas lol) and I feel fine. 

So... normal?  Or should I call my ob?  I swear, I never felt any of this last time!

Re: BH contractions?

• I got them twice last week during the night exactly as you described.  I think I'm maybe 2-3 weeks ahead of you?  I did get them a lot with Chelsea too.. As long as they don't last too long or become unbearable - I wouldn't worry just yet :0)
  • thanks!!  i'm just uncomfortable already (i know it's only getting worse from here on out) so any little thing feels like it's amplified.  uuugghhhh i can't believe i have 6-9 more weeks of this!!
  • Loading the player...
  • With Mateo I never had them but with Lucas it was totally different, I had them all the time starting at about 30 weeks. I even went to L and D thinking it was real contrax ;).
  • imagebritishbride05:
    thanks!!  i'm just uncomfortable already (i know it's only getting worse from here on out) so any little thing feels like it's amplified.  uuugghhhh i can't believe i have 6-9 more weeks of this!!

I know EXACTLy what you mean...I love being PG but at this point - it gets so uncomfortable.  I can't eat much b/c I feel like its going to come up, can't stand looking at myself in pictures, swollen feet, can't shave my legs or bikini properly, and I can't sit for longer than 10 minutes b/c of the pain.  But other than all THAT - I love feeling my baby move, kick, and have the hiccups!   

• I started getting BH around 18 weeks. My OB thought I was nuts until she felt it at my visit. I had them frequently because I have a stressful job where I'm on my feet basically the whole 9 hours. I also didn't (and still don't) drink enough water. My OB said it was totally normal and that it's just your uterus "practicing" for contractions. At the end, they got very uncomfotable, to the point where I would almost have to breathe through them.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had BH contrax from 20-something weeks through the end, I don't remember exactly when they started.  They were bad enough and my cervix was getting shorter that I had to go to L&D every other week for monitoring and an FFN test and cervical length check and depending on the severity of the contrax IVs.  fun. I don't think they were "real" contrax b/c that difference is that the real ones are accompanied by your cervix opening - not sure about that though. 

If you have any doubt, call your OB if you aren't too concerned then bring it up at your next visit.  

image image

• I had a lot of BH contractions with Nicholas starting around 22 weeks or so.  My stomach would become hard and tight at the top and shift slightly to the side.  They became crampy/painful around 32 or 34 weeks and I was told it was because I was dehydrated.  Even thought I was drinking a ton of water and peeing every 5 minutes, apparently it was not enough.

This time around I haven't had them yet.  It's true that every pregnancy is different.

• I got them with Sophie just the way you described. A tightening at the top of my belly, enough to make me lose my breath for a minute with the pressure...not pain, but a pressure. It was uncomfortable but only for a little while and then would go away.

I got lower back pain towards the end, too, because my belly was big, Sophie was big, and I had gained a lot of weight very quickly. I  never really had to lay down. Mine actually got better when I would get up and walk around.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Before 36 weeks, I never really could tell what was a BH contraction. My belly would tighten, but never any pain with it. I did, however, get some painful menstrual-type cramping from about 36 weeks on and off.
  • i got one yesterday right after i peed.. it was horrible. i had to hold on to the wall.. i told my doctor and he reassured me that it was BH Contraction.. and that it will happen often..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"