Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Playroom Debate

With the addition of Sheridan's Christmas toys (cozy coupe, grocery market, etc.) we are really running out of room to discreetly hide away the toys! DH hates having them out in the living and dining area, but we're always downstairs together. Our current options are to try and make space for them in her room or convert our guest room (we only have 3 bedrooms) my problem/argument with this is that we want to move once I start working again, and all 3 bedrooms need to show as bedrooms for resale value. Plus, we'd have to figure out where to store the furniture that's in the guest room now- the storage under the stairs and attic can only hold so much! What are you guys doing to keep the toys at bay? Should I just give in and convert the guset room?

Re: Playroom Debate

• Options
    We had to convert our guest room/office to a playroom. There are still toys everywhere though. It's nice to have a room to pile them in. 
  • Options

Dude, I seriously have toys ALL over my house. It sucks. I would LOVE to have a toy room but I still highly doubt the toys would stay in there. I'm sure the boys would just drag them out anyway.

What about getting some storage for your guest room and putting the toys in that way?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've got the same dilemma.  Right now, it's just taking over our living room.  It's kind of difficult to explain, unless you've seen the inside of our house, but we have an area called "the children's retreat" (that's what the builder called it).  It has our formal living room furniture and computer/office stuff.  It's very "open".  Either in 2010 or 2011, we're going to hire a contractor to "wall it off" so it will be our office (still) and we'll have a hide-a-bed sofa in there as well so it can be converted to a guest room.

That way, if we have another boy, they can share their bedroom and we can turn our guest room into their playroom.  Or, if we have a girl, they can have their own rooms and we'll still have an office/guest room.

We can't do without a guest room.  Our families don't live near us and visit often.

I don't know if all of that made sense.....but that's what we're planning.

• Options
    Thanks for the input! Our guest room isn't very big, so there isn't room to store much in there. We may have to rearrange some things in her room to make room for the market.
  • Options

We have a playroom, but there are still toys everywhere.  I would convert the guest room to a playroom if you are really looking for a place to put everything.  When we bought our house, the previous owners converted the study into a bedroom and we were still able to visualize it.  Plus, they had toys all over their playroom and they weren't even put away - I don't know how parents with young children can keep their home show-ready all the time and I think potential buyers need to be aware that if children live there, there will be toys.  

It would be easier to have ONE organized place to put the toys when someone comes to look the house, than to have three fixed bedrooms and a bunch of toys lining the floor of the kitchen/dining area.

• Options
    We are in the process of making our guest room a play room right now. I am still debating putting a daybed or a futon in it so I'll still have room for someone to stay if we need it. I am going to repaint it now and I'll know I will have to redo it in a few years if/when we decide to sell it. That is OK though. We put all our old bedroom furniture at my dad's house; so that helped with my decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"