Parenting after a Loss
Options

FIL vent

Ugh. People say such careless things.  I posted on FB that I'd love to take a vacation, simple as that. And he responds "When you have a kid there is no vacation from being a parent".  Yes, lets just assume right away that I want to get away from my LO, not that, say, I've been virtually stuck in my home in bed for a month and would like to GO somewhere WITH my LO. But he'll just go ahead and assume I'm just being a whiney ungrateful mother. 

Why would he say that? Do I seem like I want to get rid of Erik all the time?Makes me both sad and angry.

Meh, vent over.  

Re: FIL vent

• Options
    How annoying. ?I'd be mad too. ?My husband broke his toe the other day and I thought of your situation. ?It's sooo tough being an injured parent!
  • Options
    Ugh. I hate when people assume that all parents want to get away from their kids. I personally hate being away from DS!! I wish I could take him everywhere. I would have said something back to him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That would make me mad too.  :(  I think there are a lot of people who would want a "vacation from being a parent", so people just don't understand those of us who don't want to "get away" from our LOs.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh.  That's frustrating!  I feel for you...I would kill for a vacation with my husband and LO right now and I'm able to get out of the house.  Must be so hard.
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It really is hard. Its hard being a disabled parent, now I'm a disabled and injured parent (so, um, further disabled I guess). Sure, sometimes its nice to get away from LO and have some "me" time, but I hate how he just naturally assumed that's what I meant instead of taking my situation into consideration. And I DID say something about his careless comment. I hope he's sorry for making me feel like crap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"