Attachment Parenting
Options

For those who pump for older babies/toddlers...

When did you start giving breastmilk in a sippy instead of a bottle? DS does great with some water in his sippy - but I still leave him bottles while I'm at work... probably time to transition him to sippies, right?

Re: For those who pump for older babies/toddlers...

• Options
    Yeah - I would start doing sippy cup for everything.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eh, I say no hurry.  Do you nurse when you're together?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started at 10 months, and she was finally taking it by 11 months. She drank water in a sippy just fine, not sure why milk was a problem. We finally figured out that if she was sitting in her high chair with a snack, she would drink a sippy of bm.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

we ended up just continuing to use bottles for bm till last week and giving whole milk in the cup. we just used up all the freezer stash, but he still nurses at home.

he's been drinking water, ect from the sippy since around 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS would never take a sippy with BM, so he continued to have bottles of BM until about 15 months. I had a large freezer stash that I didn't want to waste, so he got bottles of BM at daycare during the day until the stash was gone.

• Options
    I'd go ahead and start trying now.  We were lucky in that DS didn't seem to mind whether it was water or BM, it was all the same to him.
  • Options
    imagemakclair:

we ended up just continuing to use bottles for bm till last week and giving whole milk in the cup. we just used up all the freezer stash, but he still nurses at home.

he's been drinking water, ect from the sippy since around 6 months.

This exactly.  We figured there was no reason to transition.  We simply stopped giving bottles and BM while I'm gone at the same time.  Now he drinks everything from a sippy and gets BM by nursing when I'm home.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"