Philadelphia Babies

Any recommendations for a doctor at Russino & Chasteney Associates?

Hi! I am new to the area and pregnant with my first baby. I am looking for a doctor to set up my first appointment with. I noticed a lot of people like Russino & Chasteney Associates. Has anyone used them for their pregnancy and liked them? Does anyone have a recommendation as to what doctor you like best? Thanks for any help!Here was their list of doctors: 
Alexander P. Anthopoulos, MD 
Mark E. Chasteney, MD 
Jennifer Gilbert, MD 
Teresa Marlino, MD 
Joseph L. Russino, MD 
Jennifer Stuck, DO

Re: Any recommendations for a doctor at Russino & Chasteney Associates?

• I am currently a patient of the practice and I LOVE Dr. Gilbert. I use to see her at her former practice, and followed her when she moved to Russino and Chasteney. She is wonderful and listens to you ( no matter if its something silly). I have seen Dr, Russino, Marlino and will be seeing Struck on 1/5. The practice is very good, but Dr. Gilbert is my personal favorite!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Good luck and Congrats!! :)

• I use the practice as well :) Honestly they are all great..  But my fav is Alexander P. Anthopoulos, MD  and Marlino...

I saw Russino in the begginning.. not  a good idea.. lol  he isnt much of a talker, more like a wham bam thank you mam.. felt rushed everytime i saw him.. But all of these Drs. can deliver you so my advice is to see them all.. thats what I did :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I used the practice during my pregnancy. I really like Dr. Anthopolous, Dr. Marlino and Dr. Gilbert. Dr. Anthopolous delivered my baby and was great.

Dr. Russino can be a bit brusque. I'd recommend visiting him during one your monthly visits just so you meet him, but don't schedule your first visit or any of your weekly visits at the end of your pregnancy.

• I am another huge fan of this practice.  After an awful c-section experience with my first child, I switched to this practice and have never regretted. I am now pregnant with my 3rd.  I am a huge fan of Dr. Anthoupolus and Dr. Chasteney.  I saw Dr. A thru most of my 2nd pregnancy and had planned to go with him for my scheduled section.  He was always very patient, followed up whenever he said he would, and really listened to my concerns about my having a repeat of my first experience.  My DD couldn't wait and Dr. Chasteney, who was my second favorite, performed it.  After my first c-section, this time around was a party in the OR.  Dr. C is just a fun, hyper, and nice guy.  He knows his stuff!  I am not a huge fan of Russino.  I tested postive for GroupB strep and he never even bothered to tell me that.  He was so busy trying to get out of the appt as fast as he could.  I did meet Dr. Merlino in the hospital and she was so nice.  She stayed and talked with my husband and I for about 45 minutes.  I have never heard a negative thing about her.   However, if you plan to see her in the Paoli office, expect very lengthy wait times! 

I am pregnant with my 3rd now and trying to decide if I should schedule with Dr. A or Dr. C and hoping I dont' get Russino!

• I just had my son on December 9, so I have been seeing all of the docs pretty frequently. ?Marlino and Chasteney are listed in Main Line magazine's Top Docs of the Main Line issue. ?All of the doctors are knowledgeable and truly wonderful, and you will end up seeing them all at least once through your pregnancy. ?Marlino was scheduled to do my c-section, which they ended up canceling and letting me go naturally. ?Chasteney ended up delivering my son and was a pleasure to have in the delivery room. ?I never thought I could laugh so much during labor and while pushing! ?He also used to be in plastics, so when I ended up with a 3rd degree tear, he truly took his time to make sure that I was better than ever down there. Russino is great for lunchtime appointments and is not on call for delivery very often. ?Good luck! ?Oh, and if you are seeing Marlino in particular, be prepared to wait for a while in the office. ?The nurses tell you to call before you come over though and they will tell you how far behind she is running so you are not waiting forever.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"