TTC after 35
Options

What are my chances (totally rhetorical of course)...

Only because my insanity has caught up with me in the 2ww.  There were lots of problems this month, but I can't help it, I'm a sucker each month.  DH was gone for 3 days this month - during o of course.  I got a + for 3 days on the OPK on the 17, 18 and 19.  DH came home on the 18th and we BD - it was the first time this cycle as he passed a kidney stone (ouch!). 

To complicate things, I started clomiphene this month and my bb's have been sore for the last 3 days and my mood has been just brutally nasty for over a week now.  My cycles are never the same - they range from 23 days to 31 days, but most often are 26 days - today is day 26 - just not sure at what DPO I am.

I don't temp because it drives me crazy - I just wake up spontaneously throughout the night in fear that I'll miss temping at the right time, plus, when I did temp, my dog ate my thermometer 3 times, so I just took that as a sign to quit.  That and the RE told me not to because he felt that it drove people crazy. You gotta love and RE who has your sanity at heart. 

I used to obsess about POAS but I stopped that too.  I can wait - it seems to come with age - and possibly laziness.  Wink

Re: What are my chances (totally rhetorical of course)...

• Options
    Hi there...I am totally with you!  This month was crazy for me too.  Long story short, my husband and I are dealing with what seems to be secondary infertility.  My last two IUI's have been cancelled due to low counts.  I was already on day three of Femara when my RE decided to cancel the IUI for this cycle too.  So....basically, I am at CD 32, and I think about 8 DPO.  I am doing my best not to POAS....but I am wondering if it is possible this month.  Who knows...who knows...who knows....  Again, I'm sorry for the long post, but like I said...I can understand where you're at.  And I'm wishing us both the best this month!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBlueEyes2222:
    Hi there...I am totally with you!  This month was crazy for me too.  Long story short, my husband and I are dealing with what seems to be secondary infertility.  My last two IUI's have been cancelled due to low counts.  I was already on day three of Femara when my RE decided to cancel the IUI for this cycle too.  So....basically, I am at CD 32, and I think about 8 DPO.  I am doing my best not to POAS....but I am wondering if it is possible this month.  Who knows...who knows...who knows....  Again, I'm sorry for the long post, but like I said...I can understand where you're at.  And I'm wishing us both the best this month!

So we are cycle buddies right now.  :)  I know my chances are marginal but I always think that even if we bd only once, at least I have a reason to hope, unlike some cycles where we haven't bd - just seems like a waste.  DH seems to know how important ttc is now that I'm on clomiphene (and I think he is tired of my moodiness).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah...I'm pretty new here and haven't had a cycle buddy before.  So cool!  Like they say...it only takes one, right?  I think that as long as you BD, there is always a chance.

Before we saw an RE, my OB had me try clomid while we did a 'natural' cycle.  The clomid made me soooooo emotional.  I have some funny stories related to that.  (I spazzed out on the 4th of July when someone made a rude comment about a dress that my sister was wearing...you had to be there.  It was pretty funny.)  I haven't had any side effects on the Femara, and now...as you know...it's a waiting game. (For both of us.)

If you don't mind me asking, did you conceive you DD naturally?

• Options
    Yes, DD was conceived naturally, a year after a miscarriage.  DH was gunshy and didn't want to ttc, so for a whole year, I agonized each month thinking, "This will be it!"  But, he wasn't ready so it was like torture.  Finally, he got on board and actually put some effort into ttc and then I got pg.  This time, it's been the same story, but when we have actually tried, I didn't get pg so my dr. suggested clomid because of my age.  I just want one to stick!  There have been a times where I thought that I was pg but the hag found me at the end of my cycle. 
  • Options
    It sounds like there is a possibility if you BD on the 18th. FYI, clomid made me CRAZY, I actually prefer follistim.  Good Luck!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

I hear you!  I want one to stick too!!  There are definitely months where I question every cramp, tug, pull, etc...but then, inevitably, AF rears her ugly head.  This is the first month in our 15 cycles that I haven't been a freak about testing.  I decided that I wouldn't test until NYE.  I will only be about 10dpo, but we'll see.  Do you think that's stupid?  When are you going to test?

BTW...your daughter is adorable.  I love the hat!

• Options

imageMAH123:
    It sounds like there is a possibility if you BD on the 18th. FYI, clomid made me CRAZY, I actually prefer follistim.  Good Luck!

I think I may ask my dr if this cycle doesn't work out.  I just don't want to chance multiples.  I don't know anything about follistim, so I'll have to look it up.  Thanks! 

• Options
    imageBlueEyes2222:

I hear you!  I want one to stick too!!  There are definitely months where I question every cramp, tug, pull, etc...but then, inevitably, AF rears her ugly head.  This is the first month in our 15 cycles that I haven't been a freak about testing.  I decided that I wouldn't test until NYE.  I will only be about 10dpo, but we'll see.  Do you think that's stupid?  When are you going to test?

BTW...your daughter is adorable.  I love the hat!

Good luck with this cycle.  Everyone always says, "Relax and it will happen," or, "In God's time."  I know that but it doesn't make it any easier.  If I have a test lying around I will use it, even if it's 2dpo, so I just don't buy them.  I don't plan on testing unless I get a bug to buy some.  LOL  And honestly, I'm starting to get excited about buying some, so maybe tomorrow.  I'll test with you.  Big Smile  I don't think it's dumb to start testing at 10dpo, but I really don't expect results until after 14 dpo if AF hasn't arrived first. 

Thanks, I made her hat.  I taught myself how to crochet last year.  :)

• Options

imageMAH123:

It looks like I won't be able to take that because it can cause blood clotting and I already have a blood clotting disorder.  I hate that.  It's really hard for me to take certain things because of that.  

• Options

Anything is possible, and the timing is not bad at all. See what happens!

Cycle length doesn't really indicate anything at all, just keep that in mind :)

I am kinda the opposite with temping - it would drive me crazy not to know when I o :) 

GL to you this cycle!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the clomid giving you sore boobs, I am on my 6th month of clomid and (knock wood) apart from increased o' cramps I haven't had any side effects.

• Options

Thanks Cathy.  I know my cycle length doesn't mean anything, it would just be nice if it were regular again, but I'm getting older, so I guess I just deal with it. Huh? They used to be like clockwork. 

I use OPK's and track those, but the temping was just too much + it was driving DH nuts too, so if I want to ttc, I can't drive him nuts.  LOL

This cycle seems to be the worst one on clomid.  I used it for 8 mos, earlier this year, and I did find myself a little moody, but not like now.  Another side effect that I experienced was a clogged duct in my armpit.  

I'm losing hope a little.  My bbs are not as sore anymore, but it could be because I have a horrendous stomach ache that started yesterday - it goes with my autoimmune disorder.  And, no cm.  That's the clincher with me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"