Northern California Babies
Options

Kids 3+ yrs and older

When did your kids officially stop napping? We were able to get naps back earlier this summer after going months without them and after our usual sporadic no-nap days, we haven't seen any since before Christmas. Sad

Should I just call it wash and drop them completely? Sad

Re: Kids 3+ yrs and older

• Options
    Garrison went through quite a long nap strike!  But we kept the routine of at least having quiet time and he can't come out until I get him.   Then I figured out that if i put him down for a later nap between 1 and 2 that he naps better and longer and we don't have a problem getting him to sleep at night.  So he is back to napping as of now but somedays he is just in his room reading a book instead and I'll take that.
  • Options
    Sara stopped napping the beginning of November when she started school and still won't nap.  I'll let her lay on our bed and watch a kid's show on tv or read in her room.  She is going to bed around 8pm lately. It was 7:30pm but she started waking later so that pushed bedtime back later. 
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    grey dropped his nap not long after 2 years old. There is the rare occassion that he will nap but it's like once a month.
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

Gabby was about 4 when she gave up her nap totally.

Mariessa is 2 1/2 and will still take one if she's bored enough, but then she's up until midnight...so I actually prefer for her not to have one but I think she's phasing them out herself.  I always said the day she totally stops taking a nap, I'm getting a job! LOL  

• Options
    Ok, thanks ladies. Aiden is/was our problem napper. Sad He did nap yesterday but only because he had been running around for 3 straight hours---I'd be pooped too! Funny thing it was a 50 min snooze...I would've kept on sleeping til the next morning. Wink We keep trying with quiet time but it still seems to hype him up more than calm him down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"