Upstate NY Babies
Options

Carseat that has been in an accident?

What about a carseat that has been in an accident but there wasn't a kid in the seat???

Re: Carseat that has been in an accident?

• Options

I honestly wouldn't buy a used carseat at all if that is what you are talking about.

If it was in MY car and had an accident.. well I don't know.. It would depend on what the accident was like I guess.. I would be a bit wary though.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    A friend of mine was in a car accident, had a carseat in the back, no kid in the car, and was advised (I can't remember by who but it was someone like a doctor or police officer or something like that) she should get a new one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was my MIL.  Supposedly, she hit a deer on Christmas.  But considering that she was hiding this fact from us until DH stopped by her house today and happened to see her car, I am thinking she is lying again.
  • Options
    Any car seat that has been in an accident (no matter how minor) should be replaced.  If she is working with her insurance company she should let them know a car seat was involved and they will cover the cost of replacing it.  My sister's minivan was parked in a parking lot when a truck backed into it and the insurance company replaced all three of her car seats.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageRead2Me:
    Any car seat that has been in an accident (no matter how minor) should be replaced.  If she is working with her insurance company she should let them know a car seat was involved and they will cover the cost of replacing it.

Ditto. The plastic can crack, etc. regardless of a child's presence.

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"