TTC after 35
Options

Unbelievable- RE did it to me again!

She called me and told me not to be too optimistic despite the strong heartbeat.  She said that it's good the fetus is still growing but it's 5 days behind in size and while it's still in normal range (up to a week behind is considered in normal range), it's very concerning to her. 

I'm going to the OB for an u/s next week rather than go back to the RE.   She wants me to continue having weekly ultrasounds which is fine- but I can't go back to her.  I can't take her anymore.  I was so happy and now she's brought me right back to tears. 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Unbelievable- RE did it to me again!

• Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry she's causing you more worry. I think it's good to see your OB if that's what your comfortable with.  Is there another RE at her office that you could switch to?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG.  I want to throat punch her. *hugs*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously what is wrong with this woman??  She definitely needs a throat punch!
  • Options
    Unbelievable!  I would call OB tomorrow and talk direct to him/her.  Explain what the RE said and ask for opinions.  I am so sorry.  You don't deserve to have someone put that much stress on you.
  • Options
    That is awful of her!  And what bugs me the most is that she is a RE.  She must see the heartbreak everyday of couples that are struggling with IF...at least at this point try to be cautiously optimistic.  Geesh!  Hugs to you and I hope this little bean is a rockstar!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  Your RE sucks.
  • Options
    OH NO!!!! I'm so sorry Jill. I hope this little one is just on its own schedule. Keeping you in my thoughts.
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good lord.....she needs some sensitivity training! Hang in there and remember that the non-crazy people that did the u/s thought everything looked fine. I agree with PP about calling the ob and seeing if they can us you tomorrow for piece of mind. Does she have repeat business?????
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    My ultrasound is scheduled for a week from Friday but I'm going to see if I can move it up a bit.  I know she's been negative from the start- but it's hard not to let it get to you after a while. 
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again

• Options
    Which RE do you see?
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageQE2:
    Which RE do you see?

Schoyer.  I'm guessing you won't be calling her :)

• Options
    OMG! I now hate your RE as much as I hate mine. These people do not understand the power of their negative banter on us. I'm so sorry, be strong. Hugs for you and another throat punch for that RE.
  • Options
    How rude!  These people are doctors, what's the point in being negative about it?  What does being negativity do for you?  Why would it hurt to be positive?  In the end, I hope you take your baby down there and rub a dirty diaper in her face!
  • Options
    I switched REs because my first one was about as sensitive as yours!  Really, there's no reason not to be positive, despite her!  Think positive thoughts, it does wonders!  
  • Options
    First off, I want to say congratulations on seeing a wondderful heartbeat and getting good news at Cornell! Do what you have to do to keep yourself and your baby healthy and happy and stress free. H & H 9 months to you!
  • Options
    That is so rude! I'm sorry you had to deal with an insensitive RE like that. I really hope all is well, and you have a H & H 9 months!
  • Options
    imageJillAly:

imageQE2:
    Which RE do you see?

Schoyer.? I'm guessing you won't be calling her :)

I never saw her, maybe that's a good thing :)?

• Options
    You have got to be kidding me.  She is awful.  I understand being cautious, but this is ridiculous. At what point will she let you relax and enjoy the fact that you are pregnant! Seriously, I think she would see you at 9 months and tell you that she doesn't think it is going to work out.
  • Options

imagehollymichael:
    You have got to be kidding me.  She is awful.  I understand being cautious, but this is ridiculous. At what point will she let you relax and enjoy the fact that you are pregnant! Seriously, I think she would see you at 9 months and tell you that she doesn't think it is going to work out.

LOL!!!  You're probably right!

• Options
    WTH!!! I would never want to see her again.
  • Options
    OMG! I can't believe that. I'm sorry.  Did you say anything to her? I mean, I've been frustrated by her just reading your post I can't imagine how you feel.  I wonder if she really understands the impact her negativity has on you, she should, FFS.  Super Angry
  • Options

Jill,

Relax, take a deep breath. You're RE has done nothing but stress you out over what....?. She has been wrong every time which has caused you undue stress that you and the little one don't need. Go see your OB and let him tell you or confirm the good news.

The RE did her job and that was to get you PREGNANT!

Take care and keep us posted. Thinking of you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"