Upstate NY Babies

What other foods are binding?

Gavin still has diarrhea.  I called the nurse again today (because I missed their call when they called me back yesterday and didn't realize it until they were closed) and she wasn't worried.  She thinks it's because he's cutting four teeth right now and she said they actually swallow gallons of drool during teething!  (That stat blew me away!)  Anyway, she said to just give him binding foods....bananas, applesauce, rice cereal...none of which my picky eater will eat.  What do you have luck with?  I'm thinking of making a smoothy with a banana and just a bit of vanilla ice cream.  That way he'll think it's ice cream.  Would that negate the purpose?  :)

Re: What other foods are binding?

• Mmm a smoothie sounds delicious! Justin ate lots of bananas, toast, dry cheerios, saltine crackers (I told a little fib and said they were cookies) and rice. I cooked regular brown rice in chicken broth and he seemed to really like it.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you want a substitute for ice cream try ice or frozen berries and maybe some milk or soy milk etc. You could even try freezing the applesauce to help bind the smoothie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I found a blog that had this list from the The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, obviously there are some things that he can't eat but adding mangos and blueberries to the list might just entice him. Good luck
    • herbal teas
    • vegetable broth
    • fruit juices
    • electrolyte replacement drinks
    • equal parts of sauerkraut and tomato juice
    • pears
    • apples
    • grapefruit
    • carrots
    • potatoes
    • beets
    • blueberries
    • carob
    • mango
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • THanks for the ideas.  It's interesting that there are some things on this list that she told me to avoid (like fruit juices, pears, and blueberries).  We'll see what I can get him to eat! :)
  • umm.. spinach seems to make Eve have really hard poops.. but a sick baby prob. doesn't want to eat spinach.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Don't laugh.....but we always give our pup canned pumpkin to help with soft poo. I wonder if it works with people too!?! I know they say canned pumpkin is a good first food for babies, but I have not tried it yet.
  • Soy milk!
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"