Georgia Babies
Options

MIL Vent

This woman is really PISSING me off!!!! I have not gotten them Christmas gifts yet b/c we were OOT and they went on a cruise and told me not to worry about it until I got a chance. OK that helped us out alot. We were strapped this year btwn buying gifts and traveling to both families for the holidays. Early Dec she calls me one day to 'suggest' things to get for her. I was slightly peeved b/c she has never once asked me what I would like and gets me some gawd awful stuff but whatever she has made a big deal in the past of saying how inapropriate she thinks lists are. ok fine. She told me that she'd like a saddle cover for her horse, which is fine but I didn't have a chance to shlep to Alpharetta to dover to pick it up yet and according to her she was in no rush. So Tuesday morning when I had been back in town for less than 24 hrs the phone calls start to both me and DH. She has called me THREE times to ask me about gifts and if I picked up the saddle cover yet. b/c she really needs it. I told her Tuesday that I had not had a chance to get it yet and if she really needs it to just go buy it and I will get something else. She keeps effing calling me about the damn thing. I get she doesn't want to pay shipping but ENOUGH already. Not to mention that I think it's extremely rude to basically demand gifts. She called me again tonight while in the middle of cooking dinner/getting C to bed to 'suggest' something 'easy' to get dh's grandmother. Then when I said I just have not had a moment to do it yet she tells me that it's fine and we don't have to get them anything. Passive aggressive much????? I friggin HATE her sometimes. I am just fuming and I told DH that if she asks again I am going to EXPLODE. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!!!! I have NO idea how my dh came from her. I love his grandma and totally wish she were my MIL. Thank you for listening!
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: MIL Vent

• Options

I am utterly gobsmacked that your MIL is that demanding and entitled.  What is she, fourteen?

If she wants a saddle cover so badly, she should hop in the car and GET ONE HERSELF.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is incredible!  She's not a kid--it shouldn't make a difference when she gets a present.  I would have a hard time being able to get something for her and not smacking her in the head with it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This story warms my heart after my Christmas Eve conversation with Christa.   I love Kelly.   But I would still tell her to get her own damn saddle cover if its so time sensitive. 
  • Options

imageMLvK:
    This story warms my heart after my Christmas Eve conversation with Christa.   I love Kelly.   But I would still tell her to get her own damn saddle cover if its so time sensitive. 

I am glad one of us loves Kelly! Do I know about the convo with Christa? Our MILs rock huh?

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagescherza:

I am utterly gobsmacked that your MIL is that demanding and entitled.  What is she, fourteen?

If she wants a saddle cover so badly, she should hop in the car and GET ONE HERSELF.

gobsmacked made me LOL! She really is incredible sometimes...ok all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"