High-Risk Pregnancy

Found out today I have GD-vent

I am having identical twins, which means I am high risk for TTTS, I had a miscarriage earlier this year (causes me to freak out about little things) and now I have GD.  I am so frustrated and emotional I want to cry at my desk at work.  I thought I was eating right and doing a good job, but I guess I will just have to take better care of myself.  I have only be exercising about 1 hr a week doing yoga because I get really tired after work, but I will try using the treadmill as well.  Sorry to whine, but I just needed to get this out.  Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Found out today I have GD-vent

• The GD is not your fault. It just happens sometimes. Hang in there.

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm also having twins - didi, and just found out last week that I have GD also. It sucked to find out :( I'm really sorry. I seriously was glad I was at home since I bawled for about 45 minuted straight. Every time I thought I was done, I would start again. It seriously took me a week or so to get used to the idea. I'm just now getting there.

I'd say take a break and go let yourself cry for a little. Then realize it is not your fault at all and your risk for getting GD with twins was actually 1 in 3 to start with anyway, more if you had any family history of it! It's more about the placenta producing hormones that inhibits your body's ability to produce enough insulin and use it effectively than what you have been eating. I would also wait to determine what you are going to change until you meet with the dietician, don't stress yourself out more (stress can raise sugar levels too apparently). You may actually be doing just fine! GL, and hope you have an okay afternoon!

• Loading the player...
  • I was carrying fraternal twins up until 10 weeks and then we lost one.  Then I got diagnosed with GD around 28-30 weeks.  Basically from the research that I did and was told by my friends in med school/already practicing, you are predisposed to being at a higher risk for GD due to the twin pregnancy.  In my case I also have a very strong family history-- what can you do?

Just know that it is very managable. I was devastated when I found out and it has turned out to be the lesser of my issues (thanks to hemorrhoids!)  You will be OK and your babies will be OK if you can find a way to manage your sugars.  (Its not so bad-- I was told to eat ice cream before going to bed at night!  Who knew?!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't worry i felt the same way after I found out. It is more the food then the exercise and it's not as hard as you first think. Hang in there I have gotten great advice from the board here. Whine all you want its frustrating to be told what to eat while pg and to add on more high risk factors. 
  • GD is really not that bad, at least when the pregnancy is over you can go back to normal.  I am type I diabetic and yes it is hard, but it can be done. You just have to watch your carb intake more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sorry!!  I felt the same way the first time I was diagnosed (last pregnancy- and have it again this time).  I had two miscarriages before having my son, so I was also VERY nervous and upset about the GD.

It will be okay.  It sucks, but when managed properly, risks are minimal and very minor.  The only effect my GD had last time is that my son was big (8lb 15oz a week early) and I had a c/s partly due to having GD.  Hang in there and try not to stress. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"