Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Movement ?

Can stress cause the baby to not move as much?

I just really started feeling him kick/move about 3 weeks ago, and he is very sporatic...lastnight my cousin committed suicide.  Today I've been laying around the house not really in the mood to be doing much of anything, and I just realized that I hadn't really felt anything all day.

Could it be because of stress?  Or maybe because my eating patterns today have way off.  I have no crampage or anything, so I'm trying not to worry.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Movement ?

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss; my thoughts will be with your family.  I don't remember for sure, but I do think stress can have some effect on the baby's movement (or lack thereof).  Try drinking some o.j. or having something sugary to try to wake the baby up, lay down and relax, and do kick counts if you are worried (and by all means if you are REALLY worried, call your OB...it's what they are there for!).  It's also possible you didn't notice any movement because you are distracted by what happened, not that the baby isn't actually moving.
  • Options

Even late into my pregnancy, I'd have days where I thought I wasn't feeling my LO move. For me, she definitely moved a lot less while I was at work (teacher, always on the go) and much more when I was home. So even her movements on the weekends was much different than during the week when it would usually be early morning and late evenings. So, yes, I think a change in your activity/feelings can possibly affect them.

As the pp said, drink a tall glass of OJ or something else cold and sugary and lay on your side. I would definitely call if you don't get 10 kicks within 2 hours. I called one time--literally as soon as I got the doctor on the phone, I felt her finally kick. I felt silly, but it is what they are there for, so don't hesitate to call if you need to.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Definetly try something sugary to see if you can feel the baby move, and if you're at all worried, call your OB.

Do you know if you have an anterior placenta?  that can really cut down on the senstation of movement.  I had one when pregnant with DD and I am probably one of  very few women who can say the baby never woke them up in the middle of the night due to movement.  And I think it can depend on the postion of the baby on any given day. 

• Options

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Yes, I do have an anterior placenta, which is why I didn't start feeling anything until a few weeks ago.

After I wrote that post, I got a glass of iced tea and sat on the recliner.  My DH had called me to say goodnight because he's working out of town.  He asked how the boy was and I said I was starting to worry because I hadn't felt anything all day.  As soon as I said that, he gave me a little thump, and then he moved.  I felt alot better then.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on my usual schedule of sleeping and eating and won't have to worry.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Stress definitely played a roll in LO movement for me. Another way to get him moving was to shift sides back and forth or as the U/S tech would always do, push around on my belly. If you play music for lO via headphones, try some of that as well. DS used to become quite active for music with lots of violins (I had him listening to classical.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"