Two Under 2

Will a 2 year old be ready for a Sit 'n Stand?

I'm really interested in the Joovy Ergo Caboose but not sure that DS will be ready for a Sit 'n Stand by the time the baby is here around DS's second birthday. Is 2 too early for a Sit 'n Stand? Should I just opt for a tandem or side-by-side? Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated!
P - 9/2008
A - 8/2010
L - 1/2013
S - 3/2015

Re: Will a 2 year old be ready for a Sit 'n Stand?

• I think it totally depends on the kid.

I'd wait to purchase a stroller until you're closer to delivery and can gauge his ability and willingness to respond to verbal instruction.

For us what worked was a single stroller for the toddler and wearing the baby so my hands were free to deal with the toddler.

Mine are 17 months apart and we used the single and wearing the baby until the time the toddler was around 20-22 months and by then he was fine with the sit and stand.

We rarely ever used our tandem and got rid of it after only a hand full of outings with it. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I don't think dd will be ready.  She will be 2 the month baby is born.  I hope to find a cheap used one for later use.
  • Loading the player...
  • I looked into the sit'n stand style at first but ended up getting a sie-by-side. DS will be 22 months when LO #2 is born and I decided he's still too little/young. I dont think he'd sit nicely enough on the seat and it's not very comfortable for extended periods. DS still likes to recline in his stroller seat sometimes. But I agree that it could depend on the child as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • like i said in other post:

"I dont see why your DD wont be big enough.  That is why I love this sit n stand so much.....my ds can be in the seat up front and i can hook the infant carrier on the back so baby is facing me.  its the best of both worlds.  once new baby grows out of infant seat, DS will be old enough for the sit n stand portion."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our 18 month old wasn't ready!  We went to test the Joovy Ergo Caboose and DS did horrible in the seat.  It was really small for him to sit in and I don't trust him enough yet to stand.

We ended up getting a Phil and Ted's (tandem) and I love it.  I'm so glad we have an actual seat for DS to sit in!

• My 2 year old needs to be strapped down or she'll run so for us, no. However, I bought the Sit N stand Double Elite because you can either use the second seat or take it off and use the jumpseat/standing platform. It's the best of both worlds and will allow us to use it the longest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've considered this but I just dont' feel comfortable not being able to strap DS in. To me, its a safety issue. I'd freak out if he ran off and got lost or walked away from me in a parking lot or something. We're considering the Phil and Ted and the Uppababy Vista. Both of which have an optional rumble seat to turn them into a double and the Uppababy also has an optional board so when DS does get a little older it'll turn into a sit and stand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"