Upstate NY Babies
Options

Love the Space Saver highchair!

We put it together and E has been sitting in it for our meals the past couple days and it is so nice to have him at the table with us.  He seems very interested in us eating, so hopefully solids goes well when the time comes :)
imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Love the Space Saver highchair!

• Options
    Me too!  We started using it when G was the same age as E, and loved that he could recline in it right at the table.  Now, we still love it at 20 months :)  And, I've had so many friends tell me they sold their high chair to go buy this one because it was so much more convenient.
  • Options
    we do too! we have a pub table and chairs in our kitchen so a regular high chair would be too low for Michale to sit with us
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What brand is it?  We need to get one for Tess and we don't have a lot of room.
  • Options

imageemiliemetcalf:
    What brand is it?  We need to get one for Tess and we don't have a lot of room.

Fisher Price...I think that it was around $55 at BRU and you can use a coupon :).  I love it!

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs_Hark:
    we do too! we have a pub table and chairs in our kitchen so a regular high chair would be too low for Michale to sit with us

Ours too!  We have high chairs, so he is level with us.

• Options

Oh good - I was thinking about getting that one but had heard that:

1) the tray is easily kicked off by the babies and the food then goes flying

2) there are some sharp pieces under the tray that scratch/hurt the baby's legs

3) the recline is hard to do

4) doesn't really fit under the table when it is still hooked to the chair, no longer making it space saving (although I would imagine this would depend on the table)

5) And I have a question:  can you use it in chairs that have soft cushy seats rather than hard wood seats?  If so, does it ruin your cushion?  mine are pretty thick.

I'm hoping most of these aren't really true for you guys - will make me even more likely to get it!  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Marcy - I haven't had trouble with any of those things except that it doesn't slide all the way under the table.  But, it doens't bother me at all, and I still think it's 'space saving' because we don't have an extra chair sitting around. 

We have thick leather-covered cushiony type chairs, and I just put a hand towel under the seat and it has been fine on our seats. 

• Options

1) the tray is easily kicked off by the babies and the food then goes flying- have not had this problem- yet

2) there are some sharp pieces under the tray that scratch/hurt the baby's legs- have not had this problem either

3) the recline is hard to do- depends in the chair, we have two- one at our house and our pub chairs had a straight back so yes the recline is harder to do if the chair is in the upright position and the seat is strapped all the way to the back of the chair. the other one we have is at my moms and her chairs have a curved/bowed back so the highchair reclines easier b/c there is more room. i never used my chair till michael was about 6 months old. i don't use the recline much but my mom uses it to keep my little houdini back in the seat while he eats- he get's excited and lunges forward and then you can't get the food in his mouth

4) doesn't really fit under the table when it is still hooked to the chair, no longer making it space saving (although I would imagine this would depend on the table)- i think they fit somewhat. maybe not all the way like a chair w/o the highchair on it would

5) And I have a question:  can you use it in chairs that have soft cushy seats rather than hard wood seats?  If so, does it ruin your cushion?  mine are pretty thick. our pub chairs have padded seats but they are pretty firm- not real squishy. we have an old towel under the chair so that no food get's on the seat. i haven't had the high chair off to notice any problem with the cushion or fabric

HTH!

• Options
    I also have the same chair, I find that its really easy to recline, it doesn't fit under the table, but I just face her to us while we eat, its also nice because it has a "newborn" level so she can sit in it now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"