Parenting after 35

"So, are you a Rookie Mom?"

This is what the after hours pedi asked me last night.  I got 2 phone calls at work that Jackson was crying non stop, but by the time I got there his regular pedi was closed, so we went to the after hours place.  I was afraid he had an ear infection, bc he has had a slight cough and drippy nose, but no fever.  Two hours later, the dr finds nothing wrong with him, and asks me if I am rookie. Tongue Tied  Whatever, at least J is ok.  But seriously, a person can forget a lot in 9 years!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "So, are you a Rookie Mom?"

• First: I'm glad that nothing is wrong with him.

Second: Uh... you did the right thing by bringing him in.  Rookie or not, you have to err on the side of caution.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • who the hell says that to someone? you did the right thing by taking him in and don't let them shame you into thinking anything else. Erring on the side of caution with your children is always the best course of action as far as i'm concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow - condescending much?
  • imagerobynlesley:

First: I'm glad that nothing is wrong with him.

Second: Uh... you did the right thing by bringing him in.  Rookie or not, you have to err on the side of caution.

ditto this!  I'll always remember that one time when we had a "situation" after LO's circumcision (and we had to rush to the doc) when my DH said to me "I'm glad you trusted your mommy instincts." ... ever since then, I always have.

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe he said it in a joking way and was flirting with you? That's my story and I am stickin' to it!
  • imagerobynlesley:

First: I'm glad that nothing is wrong with him.

Word.  What the heck is up with that pedi?

• Hey, its your time and your co-pay and more importantly, YOUR BABY. If you think he should be seen, then take him in. Always better than the "if you had just brought him in, we could have treated/prevented this......."

Wow - soooooome bed side manner... I hope you get a random survey to fill out.

• Did you answer "Why, no, are you a rookie doctor?"
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagePeppernut:
    Did you answer "Why, no, are you a rookie doctor?"

LMAO!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"