Boston Babies

Anyone Deliver at Newton Wellesley Hosp?

Hi,

I am due in two weeks and will be delivering at NWH. I was just wondering if there was any words of wisdom or anything that I should know about NWH?

Thank you!

Re: Anyone Deliver at Newton Wellesley Hosp?

• I delivered there twice. One C-section, on VBAC. They have tubs in the maternity rooms, which I used. It was awesome.
  • I haven't delivered yet but I've heard such great things about the hospital.

What practice do you go to?

• Loading the player...
  • Hi there!  I've delivered there twice (both vaginal deliveries) and went through Newton-Wellesley OBGYN.  I had two incredible experiences and can only hope that when we have our third, it will be just as wonderful.

No real words of wisdom, except DEFINITELY pre-register!  When you go in during labor, the last thing you want to do is to have to answer all these questions.  If you haven't already conveyed your birth plan to your OB, make sure to discuss this with the triage nurse or with a nurse as soon as you are admitted.  That what I ended up doing.  They have tubs in the labor/delivery rooms, so if you want to try and labor as long as possible, I suggest using them.  I labored at home for a while, so I never got to use them.

Also, if you want to bring any "treats" for yourself or DH/SO, there are fridges available (just make sure to label everything).  If DH/SO is staying with you in the hospital, you can order them a meal for a few extra dollars.  The rooms have wi-fi, so you can bring your laptop if you want to email or send photos of your LO to friends/family and you are allowed to use your cell phone. 

If you want more info, just PM me.  Like I said, I couldn't have asked for a better experience and they always discussed everything with me so  nothing came as a surprise.  Good Luck!

• We are TTC, but will be delivering at NWH, my DH works there and I had a pre-conception appointment with Wellesley Women's Care and really liked the OB.

It's so comforting to hear such great things about NWH! Thanks for the info!

• I'm due a little after you, delivering at NWH, and have heard really wonderful things! Did you do the tour of the Maternity Wing? I found that really helpful. A couple of my cousins delivered there, and said that the facilities and nurses were amazing. My OB is at Harvard Vanguard down the street from NWH, so I'm really hoping that she is on rotation that night! Good luck with your delivery, we may be there at the same time!
  • Glad to hear such wonderful things about that hospital.  We are new to the state and I was recommended to N/W OBGYN.  It's great to hear so many good experiences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"