Georgia Babies
Options

NBR: Real Estate Vent!!

so frustrated!!!

When we bought our house in 2006, the owner (who is an attorney) communicated that the driveway that is shared betwen our house and our neightbor's house would revert ownership if he ever changed the title on his house.  At the closing, I demanded that we have all of this in writing--both real estate agents (seller and buyer), DH, owner, and real estate attorney told me not to worry about the driveway..that this was all documented.  We can't find any paperwork on this now and apparently it wasn't documented.

So what are the chances that your neighbor dies, big builder comes in and buys house for dirt cheap  and digs up half the driveway, puts up a mc-mansion and the mc-mansion sells for ridiculous price in 3 weeks--well it happened.  Now we are having a driveway battle on our hands as the entrance to our driveway is on the new neighbor's property and we have to drive over the curb to get in our driveway now.  We have to deal with the city to get this fixed and it's a huge mess. UGGH  This is our Decatur home that we have rented out.

Moral of the story is always go with your gut and stand your ground--do not let ANYONE bully you into thinking otherwise.  I'm kicking myself in the a** for not doing this.

Re: NBR: Real Estate Vent!!

• Options
    I have no advice unfortunately, but I'm so sorry you're going through this. That royally bites. :(
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"