North Dakota Babies

Is it normal?

Is it normal to still get sharp pains when you move a certain way or stand up too fast? It feels like it did in the beginning when everyone says its just "stretching" and I imagine since there is still a lot of growing/stretching going on that its normal, but just wondering if anyone thinks its something to worry about?

Re: Is it normal?

• Oh, lovey... yes, it's normal, I believe... Everything in your body is being moved and adjusted and your ute is getting bigger and bigger by the second.  Pregnancy comes with lots of aches and pains that definitely cause us all to worry at times, but much of it is completely normal.  I remember trying to reach for things in my cabinets when I was around 12 weeks and there was just no way it was happening because of the pain. 

Keep asking your questions and the better you'll feel.

HTH!

• I figured as much, but sometimes its just nice to hear people like you reassure me. Boy, it catches me off guard sometimes though, but I guess I should get used to all kinds of pains because its only going to get worse. Thanks for the response.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love your new siggy pic =) and I definitely know how it feels to want to hear "yes, no worries, it's normal"

As for the aches and pains getting worse...ehhh... sometimes they're worse, but much of the time they aren't.  I definitely think that the beginning is rough with all the uterus twinges of pain and the cramping every now-and-again.  Once you get bigger, the aches are different and they're more ache-y and less painful...

You are so going to start getting used to moving in MUCH slower motions though, trust me...  Your body will start remembering "oh, don't do that!" when you are going to move into a certain position (like throwing youself into your car like I used to) or "slow and steady wins the race" when going up stairs...

• I think you are probably refering to "round ligament pain"- this happened a few times to me early in the pregnancy- then subsided.  It would mostly be a sharp pain on one side if I tried to move to fast in bed.  My midwife described it as your uterus has attached new ligaments to keep it from "flapping around" in there and we are not used to them- hence the pain when you move in certain ways.  Try searching that term and see if it describes what you were feeling =)  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"