North Carolina Babies
Options

Recommend your body pillow

I'm having trouble sleeping and having this stabbing back pain where my back meets my rear end.  I tried to sleep with a pillow btwn. my legs, but that just made me strain a different area of my back- fun!

Also- did anyone use one that does not extend all the way to your head (ie, I really like my pillow and don't want to rest my head on a body pillow).  Thanks!

Re: Recommend your body pillow

• Options
    I just had one of those generic rectangle-shaped body pillows (I think I got it at Kohl's).  It was nice b/c I'd put the top part under my belly (on my side) and then curve it and put the rest between my legs/feet.  So I was still able to use my regular pillows.  I was too cheap to invest in the curvy pillows at BRU meant for PG - lol!
  • Options
    I got a Snoogle and I was SO excited, but I ended up hating it. I couldn't roll over with it or get comfy and I would get really hot, plus it took a lot a room up. I ended up just using a few king size pillows. Next time around I may invest in the boppy pillow for pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've many times thought that I don't think I would have slept at all without my snoogle. It was the best $ I've spent for my pregnancy... it was well worth it for me. My sleep issues were too big for a regular body pillow... GL finding something that works for you!
  • Options
    I just used a king sized pillow. In a queen bed with my big ol' belly, that pillow, and my other three regular pillows, it was quite crowded. I can't imagine if I had had a bigger body pillow. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

I just got a Snoogle for Christmas and have slept the best the past few nights than any in the past month or so.  We have a regular cheap body pillow and it was so bulky in our queen sized bed.  The Snoogle is much smaller in diameter so even though it seems bigger, it really isn't. 

I used to love my pillow too, but due to a weird neck stiffness symptom I've tried every pillow in our house.  Since you still love your pillow, I have heard great things about the Boppy Pregnancy Wedge.  

• Options
    I had the snoogle and it was a gift last year for Christmas, maybe the best gift I've ever gotten. I couldn't have made it through pregnancy without it!
  • Options
    Bens- thanks for the wedge rec!  I think that's the one for me- just need something to support my belly so that my back doesn't get "pulled" off kilter.  Awesome, thanks again!
  • Options

imageBensBride2006:
    Since you still love your pillow, I have heard great things about the Boppy Pregnancy Wedge.  

Totally forgot I used the Boppy Wedge, I got it at Motherhood. Loved it!! I also wanted to use my regular pillow and that is another reason I didn't like the snoogle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I adored my snoogle!  It also helped me a lot after my c/s, DH brought it to the hospital, it was the only way I could sleep on my side!
  • Options
    I loved my Snoogle! I couldn't have gotten through my pregnancy without it. It helped my back so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"