Alabama Babies

My Birth Story... Finally

Hi ladies! It has been 18 days since Madilyn joined us and we are so happy. I hate that I haven't been on here, but I am sure you all understand. :)

So, we went to our Dr appt on the 9th and I had asked for a ultrasound to be done to make sure what position she was in and get an idea about weight. I am glad I did because my amniotic fluid was low, very low. Good thing we already had our bags packed and in the car, because we were sent over to the hospital to get things started.

From about 9 pm until 6 am, I was taking a liquid medication every hour to help induce (I can't remember what it was called) and was only maybe 1 cm dilated. At 7 am on the 10th they started me on a drip of Pitocin and I was still only 1 cm. My Dr came in around 9 to break my water. I have never been in so much pain. The problem was my cervix was underneath her head instead of on top of it. They had to go fishing for it! After 4 -5 tries she was finally able to hook it and bring it to where it was supposed to be to break my water. I cried after she left the room. It hurt so bad! They did give me Nubain for it though. Contractions began coming about every 2-3 mins apart not long after that and I had to breathe through them as the intensity increased.  

The anesthesiologist came in around 10:30 to give me the epidural. They checked me right before and was already at 3 cm! The epidural was nothing compared to the other. In fact, I didn?t even know when he was finished.  I was able to take a good hour long nap before my Dr came back in to check on me around 1 pm. Great progress, I was at 6 cm! Not long after I noticed the epidural wearing off on my left leg. I still wasn?t feeling any pain, so I wasn?t too concerned about it.

Around 2 pm, I was feeling intense pressure. I mean we are about to have to change the sheets kind of pressure. I called the nurse in and she said if it continues to call her back. I think it was only 10 mins later I called her back in the room because it was so intense. She checked me, and I was fully dilated and she could see her head.

It only took 4 contractions to get her here. They actually wouldn?t let me push on the 3rd because my Dr was still running across the hospital to get to me.

Madilyn Grace was born at 2:35 pm, weighing 5 lbs 14 ozs and was 19 inches long. She is so beautiful! I couldn?t have asked for a better experience.

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19280_518821476139_69801099_30839421_2742898_n.jpg https://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs165.snc3/19280_518821526039_69801099_30839431_4743810_n.jpg

Re: My Birth Story... Finally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"